FoodsCo closing in Visalia,CA

California. No non-grocery posts.
romleys
Cashier
Cashier

FoodsCo closing in Visalia,CA

Post by romleys »

Just as the title says, FoodsCo will be closing its store located in Visalia,CA...
http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/articl ... 30348/1002
Alpha8472

Re: FoodsCo closing in Visalia,CA

Post by Alpha8472 »

An employee blamed the closure on competition from the WinCo Foods which opened in 2007.

"The Vons supermarket in west Visalia also shut its doors over the past year, as have the Tulare Albertsons and the Dinuba Save Mart."

This is unfortunate. So many supermarkets are being forced to close due to the WinCo chain. WinCo is an awful place with terribly long lines and crowds.
storewanderer

Re: FoodsCo closing in Visalia,CA

Post by storewanderer »

This FoodsCo was a former Fleming F4L Store that Kroger got when Save Mart bought the FLM F4L Stores in CA. This store was required to be divested to someone other than Save Mart due to anti trust concerns; a FLM F4L in Fresno was also sold to FoodsCo (and was since closed or replaced).

The strange part is I had heard talk of FoodsCo adding a second store in Visalia. I wonder if that fell through.

FLM F4L Stores were not very pleasant places to shop typically with dim lighting, no bakery or deli, and overall poor conditions. I can see how WinCo put them out of business, if they left this place unchanged from how it was as a FLM F4L, which is what I heard.