Store Manager

Re: AT&T ending participation in Plenti 10/31/2017

Post by CalItalian »

rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

CalItalian wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 9:06 pm More info on Macy's new program https://www.loyalty360.org/content-gall ... oyalty-pro
This "new" program sounds an awful lot like the previous Star Rewards program that was replaced by Plenti.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

wnetmacman wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 10:34 am
It wasn't always that way. When AT&T first came into Plenti, you got points based on ALL of your monthly billing. So if your bill was $150, you got that immediately in points. I had over 1000 points available. I bought gas at least twice on it before they pulled out.
But like I said, AT&T is pretty pricey to begin with compared to the other big carriers....so earning 'points' is a moot point.
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

Went into a convenience store yesterday (Exxon) and noticed signage that the Plenti program would be ending entirely, with the remaining points usable and Exxon and Mobil. Given how the other sponsors (Macy's, SEG, AT&T, and Rite Aid) all pulled out, I'm not too surprised, but at the same time it will be a bit weird going to an Exxon and not seeing ads for it, seeing how they've heavily pushed it for the past two and a half years.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

pseudo3d wrote: May 4th, 2018, 6:57 am Went into a convenience store yesterday (Exxon) and noticed signage that the Plenti program would be ending entirely, with the remaining points usable and Exxon and Mobil. Given how the other sponsors (Macy's, SEG, AT&T, and Rite Aid) all pulled out, I'm not too surprised, but at the same time it will be a bit weird going to an Exxon and not seeing ads for it, seeing how they've heavily pushed it for the past two and a half years.
They are supposed to be having their own rewards program after the Plenti ends, so they'll probably just replace one set of ads with the other.

Not much details yet, it just suggested that those who enrolled in Plenti through Exxon/Mobil or who had used it there since (I think it was) July of 2017 would be automatically entered into the new program and have any remaining rewards/points transitioned into it.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

BillyGr wrote: May 4th, 2018, 9:37 am
pseudo3d wrote: May 4th, 2018, 6:57 am Went into a convenience store yesterday (Exxon) and noticed signage that the Plenti program would be ending entirely, with the remaining points usable and Exxon and Mobil. Given how the other sponsors (Macy's, SEG, AT&T, and Rite Aid) all pulled out, I'm not too surprised, but at the same time it will be a bit weird going to an Exxon and not seeing ads for it, seeing how they've heavily pushed it for the past two and a half years.
They are supposed to be having their own rewards program after the Plenti ends, so they'll probably just replace one set of ads with the other.

Not much details yet, it just suggested that those who enrolled in Plenti through Exxon/Mobil or who had used it there since (I think it was) July of 2017 would be automatically entered into the new program and have any remaining rewards/points transitioned into it.
I heard the same thing about Rite Aid, if you enrolled through them, any remaining points (I have less than $2 Plenti left which is minimum redemption) will be deposited into whatever Rite Aid's current program is. But I read somewhere else it is "use it by July 10 or lose it." I don't really care but we will see what happens.