Top Food in Olympia

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Top Food in Olympia

Post by storewanderer »

When did this store open? Have any other Haggen/Top Stores opened since that were new construction?

This was quite possibly the nicest grocery store I've ever seen all things considered. Very impressive.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7636026@N0 ... 596846293/
Alpha8472

Re: Top Food in Olympia

Post by Alpha8472 »

If you are referring to the Top Food and Drug at 1313 Cooper Point Road Southwest, Olympia, WA, it has been there for a long time.

It opened in the 80s:

It was remodeled in 2008.

The outside of the store previously was green. I have found a photo taken in Sept. 1999:

http://www.starbuckseverywhere.net/Olympia.htm

Apparently, Top Food & Drug remodeled previously in the late 90s. Even at that time, I have heard people say that the West Olympia store had the best selection and was even better than supermarkets in Seattle. People say that Top Food & Drug is known to be mid-range to high priced. It is not Whole Foods expensive, but some items are indeed expensive.
storewanderer

Re: Top Food in Olympia

Post by storewanderer »

Wow! Great finds. I thought for sure this was a brand new store. That was one great remodel they did in 2008.

Their prices are on the high side but I can definitely say when you are talking their produce, bakery, deli, or prepared foods you get what you pay for. The dry grocery has a really wide selection and though very high priced they do run quite a few good specials. They have their own Haggen brand for store brand grocery, and the TopCo brands for other store brand stuff.