JCPenney Stops Accepting Apple Pay

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: JCPenney Stops Accepting Apple Pay

Post by babs »

mbz321 wrote: May 6th, 2019, 8:55 pm I've noticed a lot of people use contactless payment methods at Costco as of late, but they attract a higher demographic of shopper, and a younger shopper that is more likely to have up to date gadgets to have those capabilities. (Contactless payments are eventually supposed to be rolled out to the gas stations as well). I highly doubt anyone cares if JCPenney accepts them or not.
The Costco credit card can be used as a contactless payment card so that's why you see so many people use it there. In fact, most of the time the cashier scans your credit card for membership number and then taps it on the credit card reader as a favor to the customer for payment.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: JCPenney Stops Accepting Apple Pay

Post by mbz321 »

babs wrote: May 7th, 2019, 9:07 am
mbz321 wrote: May 6th, 2019, 8:55 pm I've noticed a lot of people use contactless payment methods at Costco as of late, but they attract a higher demographic of shopper, and a younger shopper that is more likely to have up to date gadgets to have those capabilities. (Contactless payments are eventually supposed to be rolled out to the gas stations as well). I highly doubt anyone cares if JCPenney accepts them or not.
The Costco credit card can be used as a contactless payment card so that's why you see so many people use it there. In fact, most of the time the cashier scans your credit card for membership number and then taps it on the credit card reader as a favor to the customer for payment.
That's right...I was thinking 'contactless' like using Apple/Samsung Pay.