Associated closing another Fresh Market

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Associated closing another Fresh Market

Post by storewanderer »

This one is on W 3500 S in West Valley City. This was one of few Salt Lake City area locations to receive a Supervalu remodel. I'm not... surprised it is closing, per se...

The store is located very close to Harmons headquarters, and a rather unremarkable Harmons.
ckellogg5
Front-End Bagger
Front-End Bagger

Re: Associated closing another Fresh Market

Post by ckellogg5 »

Actually that store is not closing. It is the location furthur west at 3500 s and 5600 west.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Oh, that one makes a lot more sense. I've been into that one twice since the conversion and it appeared very slow both visits. Lots of competition around there; WMT Supercenter in practically the same parking lot.

I'm glad to hear the facility SVU remodeled is staying open, it was a real nice store.

Where are the pharmacy records from the closing store going?
ckellogg5
Front-End Bagger
Front-End Bagger

Post by ckellogg5 »

the pharmacy recores for mthe closing store have been transferred to walgreens. It seems Associated picks who ever the highest bidder is when they close the pharmacy.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I am surprised they did not transfer the records to the Fresh Market down the street (the one I mistakenly labeled as closing) or to the Harmons between these two Fresh Markets in WVC.

I guess at this point it is more worth it to just get cash for the scripts than try to keep the business within their network of corporate or supplied stores.

Are these Fresh Markets doing any better? How is the one that they rebranded to Maceys doing? Maceys seems to have a lot more and a lot nicer bakery and deli stuff than the Fresh Markets... same for Dicks. The Fresh Markets remind me most of Dans and I never did figure out what was really unique about Dans.