Walmart Building New Stores in Colorado Springs

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
KingU8ol0Soopers
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

Walmart Building New Stores in Colorado Springs

Post by KingU8ol0Soopers »

Walmart is building several new stores where I live, in Colorado Springs. This includes 2 Neighborhood Markets, 1 Sam's Club, and 1 Supercenter.

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but they are planning to open 4 neighborhood markets in Colorado Springs. They are building two of them from the ground-up, one of which will open in early 2013, and they will start construction on the other one before the end of the year. They are also going to remodel a former King Soopers that has been vacant since 2006, as well as a former Albertson's that has been closed since 2001. As a side note, there is a former Long's in the same shopping center, as well as a former Cub Foods nearby to this location.

There are currently 2 Sam's Clubs and 9 Supercenters in Colorado Springs. They are building a 10th Supercenter in unincorporated El Paso county, just south of Colorado Springs. In addition, they are closing an existing Sam's Club and moving it to this shopping center.
Forum Moderator
Alpha8472

Re: Walmart Building New Stores in Colorado Springs

Post by Alpha8472 »

There is one thing that Walmart can't seem to comprehend: customer service. Walmart is notorious for poor customer service, long lines, and employees with attitude.

Of all the places, I would rate Walmart as having the most apathetic and unmotivated employees. They don't get paid much and it shows.

Walmart is generally good with prices. Not everything is the lowest priced, but overall the prices are good. However, other supermarkets that know how to compete such as Kroger can be almost as low as Walmart prices.

Walmart is taking a chunk out of the business of other supermarkets. People don't want to be stuck with cookie cutter Walmart stores. They don't want to have to shop at places where customer service is awful and lines are long. People don't want to go to a store and get bad attitude from unhappy Walmart employees.

I would rather shop at a nicely run supermarket like Kroger than a Walmart store. Kroger generally carries a high quality selection of food. They also carry gourmet products and organic products. Walmart sticks to the basics and carries a large supply of what some people would classify as junk food.

Kroger is a place where people go for a better selection of food and high quality products. Walmart is for those who just want the basics and are willing to put up with a limited selection of food products.