The Container Store - New "Custom Closets" Stores

J-Man
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

The Container Store - New "Custom Closets" Stores

Post by J-Man »

The Container Store appears to be introducing a new type of store Custom Closets. They've already converted the existing Farmers Market (Los Angeles) location to a Custom Closets store; apparently they only carry closet-related merchandise (although you can still do online ordering/pick up in store for non-closet merchandise.)
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: The Container Store - New "Custom Closets" Stores

Post by rwsandiego »

J-Man wrote: July 30th, 2019, 8:32 am The Container Store appears to be introducing a new type of store Custom Closets. They've already converted the existing Farmers Market (Los Angeles) location to a Custom Closets store; apparently they only carry closet-related merchandise (although you can still do online ordering/pick up in store for non-closet merchandise.)
It does not surprise me that they chose this location for the new concept. The parking is terrible, which led to it being a rather low-volume store (at least every time I was in there). The location used to be a different home organization retailer whose name I forgot.
klkla

Post by klkla »

rwsandiego wrote: July 31st, 2019, 7:16 pmThe location used to be a different home organization retailer whose name I forgot.
I think it was called Hold Everything or something similar.

That parking lot is actually the best kept secret if you just need to get something quick at Farmer's Market or The Grove. The turnover is really quick and you can almost always find at least one space in there.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

klkla wrote: July 31st, 2019, 7:36 pm
rwsandiego wrote: July 31st, 2019, 7:16 pmThe location used to be a different home organization retailer whose name I forgot.
I think it was called Hold Everything or something similar.

That parking lot is actually the best kept secret if you just need to get something quick at Farmer's Market or The Grove. The turnover is really quick and you can almost always find at least one space in there.
Hold Everything! That's it!!

Whenever I go there I can't find parking. That said, haven't been in a few years and I'd usually be there on a Saturday afternoon.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

No, wait - I don't think it was Hold Everything. That was a Williams-Sonoma concept. I think it was an Organized Living store.
klkla

Post by klkla »

rwsandiego wrote: July 31st, 2019, 8:54 pm No, wait - I don't think it was Hold Everything. That was a Williams-Sonoma concept. I think it was an Organized Living store.
You could be right. When I search both brands on Google The Container Store comes up. Is it possible both operated in that space? It has had a lot of tenants over the years.