CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Stater Bros Whittier Closing November 3

Post by CalItalian »

storewanderer

Re: Stater Bros Whittier Closing November 3

Post by storewanderer »

I thought they were planning to relocate this store. Maybe they still are but had to vacate this old one first?

I guess old Lucky interiors repainted and with a new floor installed can't last forever.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

storewanderer wrote: October 7th, 2019, 9:57 pm I thought they were planning to relocate this store. Maybe they still are but had to vacate this old one first?

I guess old Lucky interiors repainted and with a new floor installed can't last forever.
Appears the owner of the current property has another tenant and they lost their lease so they'll be out of this part of Whittier for a year and a half or so.
klkla

Post by klkla »

storewanderer wrote: October 7th, 2019, 9:57 pm I thought they were planning to relocate this store. Maybe they still are but had to vacate this old one first?

From this view taken in February 2019 on Google maps you can see the store under construction on the left and the old store on the right:

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.9803772 ... 384!8i8192

They must have assumed the property owner of the old store would give them month to month extensions. That's what you get for assuming.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

klkla wrote: October 8th, 2019, 6:53 pm

From this view taken in February 2019 on Google maps you can see the store under construction on the left and the old store on the right:

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.9803772 ... 384!8i8192

They must have assumed the property owner of the old store would give them month to month extensions. That's what you get for assuming.
I don't think the new store has started construction. That is the residential portion of the new development that includes the shopping center with Stater Bros. that is slated to open in Spring 2021. https://www.whittierdailynews.com/2019/ ... lles-site/
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

Stater seems be inconsistent with remodels from what I've seen. There is one store in San Diego (Rancho Penasquitos, their southernmost store) that got an exterior and interior remodel a couple years back (previously had a repaint of the teal/green Lucky interior). Another store that is an ex-Lucky (Oceanside-Vista Way, a 1997/1998 build Lucky/Sav-on combo) still has a repaint of a Lucky interior, yet the ex-ABS stores (examples include both stores in Vista, which were late 80's/early 90's build superstores) were remodeled years ago out of their blue/gray interiors.