Stores that are considered "too noisy"

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
StanG83

Stores that are considered "too noisy"

Post by StanG83 »

Which store do you normally shop has the noisiest environment? When I say how noisy is it when you shop in a certain store, I am talking about a certain level that can be distracting to some shoppers, especially those who have "sensory" issues such as autism. Examples are kids(and babies) crying, steam coming from vents, constant PA announcements, loud pop music, etc.
submariner
Founder of RetailWatchers.com
Founder of RetailWatchers.com

Re: Stores that are considered "too noisy"

Post by submariner »

- Almost any "trendy" clothing store.
- Apple stores tend to be very noisy, but then again they tend to have a ton of people packed into them at almost any given time (plus their use almost entire lack of acoustic deadening material in the store)
Super S

Post by Super S »

Fred Meyer with their canned PA announcements and commercials playing constantly.

WinCo due to having little insulation around refrigeration equipment (meat, frozen food, and dairy cases) and the general noise of customers especially when busy.

Nearly any store with an open "warehouse" ceiling where noises have a tendency to echo more.

And Home Depot which plays Christmas music during the holidays at a higher volume than other times of the year.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

Probably trendy stores, as mentioned above. Aeropostale and Hollister are very loud and also quite dark inside to name a few.
BatteryMill
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by BatteryMill »

I don't really have any additional ones to say. However Target seems to be getting louder with their changes, and Walmart has a lot going on in general.

A Macy's (former Hecht's) near me has a loudspeaker issue which makes songs louder than they're supposed to be in one part of the store.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

cjd wrote: October 9th, 2019, 1:44 pm Probably trendy stores, as mentioned above. Aeropostale and Hollister are very loud and also quite dark inside to name a few.
New storefront Hollister and A&F stores are not dark at all. But they are also definitely a change from the former look.
Here are some national examples that I've seen at newly renovated stores at Washington Square (Tigard, Ore.)
https://www.facebook.com/lapalmeracc/ph ... 833249517/