JCPenny Getting Rid Of Cashiers

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
Alpha8472

JCPenny Getting Rid Of Cashiers

Post by Alpha8472 »

After the miserable failure of the elimination of sale prices, JCPenney has decided that what will save the company is getting rid of cashiers. JCPenney elminated sale prices and went to a strategy of everyday low prices. In reality, it was more like everyday high prices. The prices were rounded to dollar figures and they were still awful. Since there were no sales, there was no reason to bother going to the store to look for new bargains. Everything was the same price every week.

Now JCPenney has decided that getting rid of cashiers and replacing them with self-checkout machines will bring in the crowds! Yes, these new machines will attract customers from far and wide. Now you too can bag your own purchases and work as slave labor as your own cashier.

No, thanks. If I am paying high prices at a department store I expect to get someone to bag my purchases. They just want customers to work as unpaid slave labor. If I am to do the work of a cashier I expect to get paid for it.

Let's be honest here. Customers aren't always the most honest people. People are going to neglect to scan some of their purchases. Hmm. I don't like the price of this $80 tie. I'll just scan this $1 pair of socks. Or let me stuff these expensive cuff links and watches into the pockets of the rest of the clothing.

There are not enough employees to check every single item on people's receipts as they exit the doors. This isn't Walmart. There is not just one entrance. JCPenney has multiple entrances on multiple levels and wide open mall entrances. JCPenney is going to experience a huge amount of theft. People are going to be scanning some items and then waving a token receipt at the door to get out. It is going to be a mess.