Inconsistent signs at retailers

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Inconsistent signs at retailers

Post by SamSpade »

Eh, just something a little light hearted.

I am in Idaho due to a family circumstance and had to shop for the household. I went to the local Albertsons. I can elaborate more on that if anyone wants to hear (elsewhere).

I did notice though, that the store has a large sign at the entry to visit Albertsons.com for online ordering. When you go to Albertsons.com and try to order either "click and collect" or the more established safeway.com style "click and deliver," neither are available here. Seems like an odd thing to put out division wide (Intermountain). Perhaps it is available in the Treasure Valley now and this was missed for 'outlying' markets.
storewanderer

Re: Inconsistent signs at retailers

Post by storewanderer »

They have signs that sound similar or identical to these in the Reno Safeway location. They will do online ordering via Instacart if you go to the Safeway website. The signs in store don't mention Instacart but there is small print that the service may be provided by a partner. Every regular price item is priced higher via the Instacart than in the store at Safeway NorCal (at Save Mart and Smiths all the prices are the same via Instacart) but ad items are priced the same.

Last time I checked the Intermountain Albertsons at least around Boise with multiple Drive Up and Go locations had same pricing in-store as online.