Wendy's Takes Beef Off The Menu

cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Wendy's Takes Beef Off The Menu

Post by cjd »

At Wendy's this week, Four for $4 still had cheeseburger and bacon cheeseburger on the menu. The plastic shield added to the window from last week was gone, and while all employees I saw last week had masks on, this week there were none at all??
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Masks should be required for restaurants. If an employee sneezes or coughs on the food or food containers people could die. Other countries have required masks in restaurants for years.

Why would they spend money on plexiglass and then take it down? That seems like a waste.

I was at Jack In The Box and the employee stuck his head under the plexiglass to talk to me at the drive thru. No thanks.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: May 16th, 2020, 5:35 pm Masks should be required for restaurants. If an employee sneezes or coughs on the food or food containers people could die. Other countries have required masks in restaurants for years.

Why would they spend money on plexiglass and then take it down? That seems like a waste.

I was at Jack In The Box and the employee stuck his head under the plexiglass to talk to me at the drive thru. No thanks.
If the restaurant can procure fresh clean masks, yes. If the restaurant is giving people one mask a week and telling them to keep the mask in a paper bag in their locker like various retail stores are doing to their employees due to not being able to procure masks, I am not sure I agree. Also people keep touching their masks, constantly, everywhere. Pulling the mask on and off to talk to people. I don't know. I am hoping we can get past this and this mask thing goes away ASAP because there is way too much unsanitary misuse of masks going on and the mask providers are price gouging badly.
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

Alpha8472 wrote: May 16th, 2020, 5:35 pm Masks should be required for restaurants. If an employee sneezes or coughs on the food or food containers people could die. Other countries have required masks in restaurants for years.
If they're sick (from COVID to the common cold), they shouldn't be coming to work, case closed. Most instances of foodborne illnesses can be traced back to improper handling (left out too long, undercooked, etc.) or at the source (cross-contaminated with fecal matter). Part of this has to do with the differences between bacteria and viruses (bacteria can replicate by itself and live indefinitely, viruses "die" after a few days of non-contact, meaning that packaged foods including meat won't have COVID), which some people think are interchangeable.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

LOL..........unbelieveable but not surprising.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

storewanderer wrote: May 16th, 2020, 11:10 pmIf the restaurant can procure fresh clean masks, yes. If the restaurant is giving people one mask a week and telling them to keep the mask in a paper bag in their locker like various retail stores are doing to their employees due to not being able to procure masks, I am not sure I agree. Also people keep touching their masks, constantly, everywhere. Pulling the mask on and off to talk to people. I don't know. I am hoping we can get past this and this mask thing goes away ASAP because there is way too much unsanitary misuse of masks going on and the mask providers are price gouging badly.
I agree. Most face masks are ugly and look ridiculous outside of a hospital, dental, surgical or hazardous setting. Can't wait for them to go away, but think we should definitely wear them. That said, while I wouldn't want to have to wear one all day they would be a good idea in a restaurant setting, as was mentioned in other countries they have been required for years. There they are just as common as a hairnet or beard guard are here.

I do understand the need for the mask and not transmitting the particles and virus so I know why we are supposed to wear them. I ordered one on eBay from one of the sellers that is making fabric two layered ones with sports teams and other patterns, so I can just throw it in the washer and not worry about having to buy disposable masks.

As for the shield missing from the drive thru, no idea on that. My assumption was it may have fallen down and broke.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

Alpha8472 wrote: May 16th, 2020, 5:35 pmI was at Jack In The Box and the employee stuck his head under the plexiglass to talk to me at the drive thru. No thanks.
No different than people that stick their head under the sneeze guard at the salad bar to look at something. Um that's why it's clear. LOL
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

You know, we humans have some very very bad "habits". Even before this pandemic and others, it is quite surprising that we have not gotten into trouble sooner and with deadlier consequences.

I know we all have seen some disturbing things before this disaster.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: May 17th, 2020, 5:53 am

LOL..........unbelieveable but not surprising.
I was stopped at an intersection recently and saw the same thing at a Taco Bell. I was really confused why the employee's head was sticking out from the bottom 1/3 of the window, then I realized the employee was sticking their head out under the plastic thing to talk to the customer. The employee did have a mask though. Based on how much I observed, I guess I should have had my eyes on the road.
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

cjd wrote: May 17th, 2020, 7:47 am
Alpha8472 wrote: May 16th, 2020, 5:35 pmI was at Jack In The Box and the employee stuck his head under the plexiglass to talk to me at the drive thru. No thanks.
No different than people that stick their head under the sneeze guard at the salad bar to look at something. Um that's why it's clear. LOL
Have you tried talking through the salad bar shield to something on the other side?