Albertsons Gas Stations

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Albertsons Gas Stations

Post by storewanderer »

I was in Hillsboro, OR today on Cornell Rd. and noticed the Albertsons still has a gas station and attached convenience store under the Albertsons Express brand. I stopped and it is indeed still being operated by Albertsons. I thought Supervalu sold all of its gas stations, but this is now the second one I have seen still operating since last summer when I found an operating gas station (without a convenience store) at an Acme in MD.

Are there any other Albertsons Express stations still operating around Portland? I checked the station locator for Tesoro (DBA USA Gasoline), the buyer of the OR/WA Albertsons Stations, and it appears they are operating a couple of former Albertsons Express stations elsewhere around Portland, so I am curious about this site in Hillsboro.

I also wonder if Albertsons LLC is even aware they are back in the gasoline business.
kr.abs.swy
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Re: Albertsons Gas Stations

Post by kr.abs.swy »

That is interesting. The press I remember reading at the time said that they had sold all locations in Oregon. It didn't say anything about cherry-picking. I definitely remember seeing an Albertsons gas station that had been rebranded USA Gasoline in North Vancouver, Washington.

It's been quiet ... too quiet ... on the Albertsons LLC front since the SuperValu deal. You can't help but wonder what's up.
Super S

Re: Albertsons Gas Stations

Post by Super S »

That is definitely interesting. There are relatively few Albertsons locations that had gasoline to begin with compared to both Safeway and Fred Meyer. Because of that it doesn't make sense to keep a small amount of locations. Most of the stations I have seen have also been rebranded as USA Gasoline. Makes me wonder if the locations Albertsons still operates will eventually be taken over by another operator, if the USA Gasoline operator passed on taking over the location for whatever reason. Albertsons might have decided to keep these going while seeking a new owner or something?