Cost Plus World Market

storewanderer

Cost Plus World Market

Post by storewanderer »

Cost Plus World Market reopened in Reno last week (it was open for curbside pick up during most of March/April too- but website was full of out of stocks).

But the store down in Carson City did not reopen... it just sits there with a closed sign and numerous missed delivery stickers from UPS and FedEx on the door. So nobody has been in there in a while it appears. Is this widespread that they have not reopened these stores in many places or is this a one off?

Both Reno and Carson City locations sit next to Bed Bath & Beyond locations which have reopened.
Alpha8472

Re: Cost Plus World Market

Post by Alpha8472 »

I would suspect that they could be planning to combine these stores. To reduce payroll costs they will combine the two stores into a new Bed, Bath, and World Market utilizing fewer employees. They want to reduce the amount number of items carried and only sell the top items of both stores.

They can then sell or lease the Cost Plus store.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Sparks World Market is also not reopened, but the lights were all on and there were 8-10 shopping carts outside the store on the sidewalk (not blocking the doors). I wonder if it reopened then closed again?

The Bed Bath and Beyond next to it was open.

I think they had in the past tried World Market departments within Bed Bath and Beyond Stores but I never saw that go anywhere since in my area the two were always open right next to each other.

But I know operationally Bed Bath and Beyond and World Market are completely separate: separate distribution, separate systems (both ordering and point of sale), separate loyalty programs, separate management structure, etc.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Bed, Bath, and Beyond is looking to sell Cost Plus and Christmas Tree Shops. These two unprofitable chains are dragging the company down.