Department Stores and Coronavirus

storewanderer

Re: Department Stores and Coronavirus

Post by storewanderer »

It may be the magazine vendor has not been updating. How are supermarket magazine racks looking (I haven't looked at them in years- do they still exist)?
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

I went to the supermarket last week but didn't notice the mags in the checkout.

Ross here seemed to have gotten its clothing restocked to normal levels the last couple of times I've been. Home decor items were still looking rather low, but not particularly bad.

I haven't been to Marshalls in a while so not sure where they are. Haven't been to the dept stores since they closed down and reopened. Was going to go to JCP, but didn't want my last memory of them to be a going out of business sale during a pandemic.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I went into Kohls yesterday afternoon. Kohls has extended its hours now 10 AM to 8 PM (was 11 AM to 7 PM in Reno at first). They still only have one door open. The merchandise is thinning out inside the store as they get rid of clearanced stuff from winter and summer does not seem to be filling in as quickly.

The store had very few customers shopping (it felt like it was 10 PM in there, but it was only like 4 PM) and I estimate 50% of the people going in were returning something (most appeared to be Amazon returns, but some had Kohls bags). Fitting rooms are still closed. Some of these people may have been sticking around to purchase items too.