Dunkin' Donut Unveils New Restaurant Design

Alpha8472

Dunkin' Donut Unveils New Restaurant Design

Post by Alpha8472 »

Dunkin Donuts is unveiling a new store design. This the first new design in 7 years. There are several styles to choose from.

http://www.restaurantnews.com/dunkin-do ... nt-design/

Dunkin' Donuts is finally realizing that stylish restaurant designs actually do attract customers. Customers don't want to sit on hard plastic chairs. They want comfortable cushions and stylish surroundings. Free WiFi is a must.

Dunkin' Donuts is also coming to Southern California in 2015. There are currently no Dunkin' Donuts in the entire state of California. Dunkin' tried to enter California in the 90s, but those stores all closed in the late 90s.

California is dominated by Starbucks and Peet's Coffee for coffee. Dunkin' is a major place to get coffee on the East Coast.

Donuts are not really popular in California. The main place to get donuts is in supermarkets and that isn't very common. California seems to have a health conscious population larger than other states. Donuts seem to sell better on the East Coast.

The only major donut chain in California is Krispy Kreme and those stores are few and far between.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on June 25th, 2013, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
submariner
Founder of RetailWatchers.com
Founder of RetailWatchers.com

Re: Dunkin' Donut Unveils New Restaurant Design

Post by submariner »

Alpha8472 wrote:There are currently no Dunkin' Donuts in the entire state of California.
No publicly accessible Dunkin' Donuts in the state. There is *one* outlet in the entire state located at Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base in Oceanside
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Alpha8472 wrote:The only major donut chain in California is Krispy Kreme and those stores are few and far between.
That's their standard operations, except maybe in a few areas of the South where they have been for decades.

Even here in NY, when they were here for a bit, they had ONE store in the whole Albany area, as opposed to the DOZENS of Dunkin Donuts locations - of course KK also sells their donuts through other stores (like grocery, convenience etc.) which Dunkin doesn't do.
KingU8ol0Soopers
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

Post by KingU8ol0Soopers »

The closest Dunkin' Donuts near me (which is in a stip mall) was recently modeled, but I have not had the opportunity to check it out for myself though. I think it was remodeled to one of those new formats.
Forum Moderator