"American Customer Service Index" rates Albertsons last

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

"American Customer Service Index" rates Albertsons last

Post by storewanderer »

I don't know what this survey is, but they particularly note that Albertsons Companies rated at the bottom of customer satisfaction for grocery stores with a score of 69, the first time a grocer scored in the 60's since 2015.
https://progressivegrocer.com/wegmans-t ... er-service

Looking at other things in this survey raise some questions. How can Sears and Kmart even be legitimately rated?

So not sure how much this survey really means.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: "American Customer Service Index" rates Albertsons last

Post by veteran+ »

I have never respected this publication for a plethora of reasons going back decades.

Just don't think they are very good at what they do, at all!

They are heavily advertisement influenced.
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

ACSI is funded by the industries it surveys--not clear if it's trade associations or the retail companies. Progressive Grocer is just reporting. The article makes much of changes that are probably within the margin of error, without saying so---many of the declines are small (e.g., 1 percentage point) and meaningless. Most reporting of surveys in media outlets is useless. The decline for Albertson's is probably well beyond margin of error. There's probably some degree of reporting skew--the industry averages probably are a good proxy for establishing where to look for significant departures from the norm, good or bad. No surprises--Wegman's does well as it usually does, Walmart does not, mediocre places like Kroger are around the mean.
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

Kind of reminds me of how Consumer Reports does their supermarket issue, and the different brands of Kroger and Albertsons are/were all over the map. I guess that Waldbaum's being traditionally in the bottom three was a sign of things to come, but so was Walmart.

It really meant nothing (especially as the reports seemed to come in by the same people, and probably the same people who really loved Trader Joe's and really hated their local subpar chain grocery), and I imagine this "American Customer Service Index" is more or less the same.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

pseudo3d wrote: October 21st, 2020, 11:43 am Kind of reminds me of how Consumer Reports does their supermarket issue, and the different brands of Kroger and Albertsons are/were all over the map. I guess that Waldbaum's being traditionally in the bottom three was a sign of things to come, but so was Walmart.

It really meant nothing (especially as the reports seemed to come in by the same people, and probably the same people who really loved Trader Joe's and really hated their local subpar chain grocery), and I imagine this "American Customer Service Index" is more or less the same.
Consumer Reports does (or at least did - it's been a number of years now since I subscribed) survey their readers for many topics they cover throughout the year. They'd send you a multi page survey once a year that you could fill out and send back, covering anything from appliances to stores to cars to just about anything, depending on what reports they were planning.

They did their own testing as well, but at least some of the data was consumer provided.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

buckguy wrote: October 21st, 2020, 11:32 am ACSI is funded by the industries it surveys--not clear if it's trade associations or the retail companies. Progressive Grocer is just reporting. The article makes much of changes that are probably within the margin of error, without saying so---many of the declines are small (e.g., 1 percentage point) and meaningless. Most reporting of surveys in media outlets is useless. The decline for Albertson's is probably well beyond margin of error. There's probably some degree of reporting skew--the industry averages probably are a good proxy for establishing where to look for significant departures from the norm, good or bad. No surprises--Wegman's does well as it usually does, Walmart does not, mediocre places like Kroger are around the mean.
I agree but I found PG to be the least reliable of all of them.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

BillyGr wrote: October 21st, 2020, 11:56 am
pseudo3d wrote: October 21st, 2020, 11:43 am Kind of reminds me of how Consumer Reports does their supermarket issue, and the different brands of Kroger and Albertsons are/were all over the map. I guess that Waldbaum's being traditionally in the bottom three was a sign of things to come, but so was Walmart.

Consumer Reports does (or at least did - it's been a number of years now since I subscribed) survey their readers for many topics they cover throughout the year. They'd send you a multi page survey once a year that you could fill out and send back, covering anything from appliances to stores to cars to just about anything, depending on what reports they were planning.

They did their own testing as well, but at least some of the data was consumer provided.
Consumer Reports I believe is in a state of decline. They do not test enough product lines any more and leave categories uncovered for a very long time.

I also think with testing in decline, they rely on those consumer surveys too heavily.

I still rely on CR for much but have to include other reviews, which requires so much more work than it used to.