Idaho Statesman article about WinCo

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
Super S

Idaho Statesman article about WinCo

Post by Super S »

Interesting article about WinCo, from the Idaho Statesman:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/07/2 ... mpany.html
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Idaho Statesman article about WinCo

Post by arizonaguy »

I enjoy WinCo. My favorite thing about WinCo is their ridiculously low priced (yet incredibly good) pre-packaged sandwiches. I also am a big fan of the Wall of Values.

I'm not as big of a fan of the no credit card policy, but I can live with it. They have a much larger (and higher quality) selection of items than Walmart at comparable prices.
Alpha8472

Re: Idaho Statesman article about WinCo

Post by Alpha8472 »

WinCo is a better company to work for than Walmart. I have friends who work for Walmart and it is a miserable place. Walmart is a cheapskate company. They try to keep most of their employees part so that Walmart does not have to pay for healthcare. So what happens is that many Walmart employees barely work 28 hours a week. No one can support a family on such few hours at such a low wage. Employees at Walmart have no motivation to work harder. Low pay and very few benefits makes it one miserable job. With wages that low, many Walmart employees go on welfare, food stamps, and taxpayer funded medicaid healthcare. The taxpayer has to pay for the food and healthcare of the average Walmart employee. This is a drain on all citizens.

WinCo is an employee owned company and the employees are paid very well compared to other supermarkets including union supermarkets. The employees all have healthcare just the same as the CEO. Employees own the company so if the company is successful the employees make more money in stock. It motivates employees to work harder and make the company successful.

WinCo is a good company and keeps Walmart in check. If there were no WinCo, Walmart would be barging into every city trying to create a monopoly and put every other store out of business. We don't need a country where the only place to shop is a Walmart. Walmart needs to stop making taxpayers pay for the healthcare and food bills of their employees.