Paris Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios Credit Card System Failures

Alpha8472

Paris Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios Credit Card System Failures

Post by Alpha8472 »

Disney's credit card system in France at their theme parks suffered recent outages. Park guests were unable to use credit or debit cards to make purchases of food or merchandise. The lines for the few ATMs were outrageously long.

Disney seems to be so behind on technology. I remember back in 2019 at Disneyland in California that they did not even have chip card ability. You had to swipe your card's magnetic stripe. I also found their food ordering was a whole bunch of work. The employees told me they were not taking orders for food in person. They said I could use the Disney app to order and pay for a Dole Whip. I could not even pay for an entrance ticket at a cashier at night. I had to use the app. Signing up for the app was an ordeal. They said I had already used my email for a Disney login in the past. I could not get my old login or password reset. I had to use another email.

People easily spend $1,000 or more a day using credit cards at Disney. Being forced to use cash will result in less spending.
storewanderer

Re: Paris Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios Credit Card System Failures

Post by storewanderer »

When I was at Disney World perhaps 3 years ago, they at least had Tap. Not sure if they had chip, but they had tap, and customer facing equipment. Other merchants I visited that trip had Chip in general.

5 years ago at Disneyland I think everything was swipe only and no customer facing equipment was present.

I think each park may use a different system.
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Paris Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios Credit Card System Failures

Post by Romr123 »

I just spent 1 3/4 hours watching a documentary on the failings of Disney technology, specifically around FastPass. Look up Defunctland on YouTube. It had some really excellent graphics and simulations around queuing...I'm no Disney fan (last time I was in a Disney park was 1998) but I really found it fascinating. The whole Defunctland series is kind of interesting, TBH to browse through.