Walmart+ adds Paramount+ streaming service

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Walmart+ adds Paramount+ streaming service

Post by Brian Lutz »

https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/p ... 235341749/

Presumably in an effort to make their subscription service more competitive with Amazon Prime, Walmart will be including Paramount+'s Essential plan (with ads and without live CBS streaming, but it does include some live sports including NFL games for $5 a month) in Walmart+ subscriptions. It is also rumored that they have been in talks with Disney and Comcast to possibly add other streaming services to the Walmart+ subscription.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Walmart+ adds Paramount+ streaming service

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

Of course I'm not a Walmart fan (rarely shop there) but this deal with Paramount is an interesting and good idea. I'm hoping Albertsons with its FreshPass makes a similar deal, maybe with HBO (Max streaming) or Disney.
Blockbuster was owned by Viacom (now Paramount Global) at one time.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Walmart+ adds Paramount+ streaming service

Post by mbz321 »

Meh. I did a 90 day trial of Walmart+ recently and I used it a couple times for the gas discount while on a long roadtrip, and one time to get one item delivered to my home because I was too lazy go to the store (which actually worked out pretty well, but not enough for me actually to become a paid user). I don't see how adding other stuff to it (a crippled version of Paramount+) while charging more money is that beneficial.