Sonic Fried Cookie Dough Bites & Broccoli Cheddar Tots

Alpha8472

Sonic Fried Cookie Dough Bites & Broccoli Cheddar Tots

Post by Alpha8472 »

These 2 limited time items are available now on the app ahead of the national launch September 26.

The $2.99 fried cookie dough bites come with a side of ice cream for dipping. The $2.19 tots are like bite sized fried broccoli casserole pieces.

I have heard of fried Snickers before, but cookie dough bites. Do they fry these things in the same oil as the other fried food?

https://www.brandeating.com/2022/09/son ... -tots.html
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Sonic Fried Cookie Dough Bites & Broccoli Cheddar Tots

Post by veteran+ »

Alpha8472 wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 7:04 pm These 2 limited time items are available now on the app ahead of the national launch September 26.

The $2.99 fried cookie dough bites come with a side of ice cream for dipping. The $2.19 tots are like bite sized fried broccoli casserole pieces.

I have heard of fried Snickers before, but cookie dough bites. Do they fry these things in the same oil as the other fried food?

https://www.brandeating.com/2022/09/son ... -tots.html
Always new inventions with fast food companies to fill the arteries with cholesterol and other toxins.........................

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: September 24th, 2022, 8:24 am

Always new inventions with fast food companies to fill the arteries with cholesterol and other toxins.........................

But it has broccoli in it?

And "cheddar" - a distinct upgrade from the usual pasteurized processed cheese food I mean "American" cheese.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Like that test tube creation called “Beyond Meat”?
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

jamcool wrote: September 24th, 2022, 5:39 pm Like that test tube creation called “Beyond Meat”?
I will try to phrase this as neutral as possible. The alternative meats have suffered serious demand imbalances. The market got somewhat saturated back in 2019. Consumer demand did not ramp up as quickly as the market tried to deliver for. It appears the goal for the alternative meat market was to create a "buzz" around their product and make it "socially accepted or even expected" to consume the alternative meats. Then COVID hit. Colleges closed, restaurants moved to take out only, and socialization declined. All of the factors the alternative meat market needed to continue to hype itself past its 2019 hype, worked against the alternative meat market. Now here we are, demand is supposedly increasing but I don't believe it. I also question how much of the product is wasted at both the store and restaurant level. Is there a future for these products? Yes. But they will always be a very limited demand product at best. I am also somewhat surprised by the recent nose biting incident. While the nose biting incident is not necessarily proven to be someone who consumes alternative plant based meats, I am quite troubled how consumption of this product may impact people. I thought the hormones in beef, pork, etc. were to be concerned about but there is no telling what is in this alternative stuff.

Back in July/August Safeway ran multiple "Friday Freebies" for various alternative plant based meat products. I did not take advantage of any of them and in my store checks the items were fully in stock so it appears very few people took these items even for free. Last week on Wednesday Safeway gave free bag of shredded lettuce and they also were well stocked on that. But if the free item is a Coke or some sort of beverage even bottled water like the Vitaminwater+ they did a week and a half ago good luck getting it unless you show up early.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The McPlant burger at McDonald's was not so great. It was similar to beef, but really soggy and not as good. I believe something in it was giving me a rash and a stomach ache.

It was either the peas or the apple extract. I get hives if frozen peas have any mold in them. I don't know why, but frozen peas always taste like mold to me.

I tried the Impossible Whopper from Burger King but it had more fat than beef. It must be all that coconut fat. It isn't low fat.

These meatless burgers are not substitutes for vegetables and they are not health foods despite how some fast food chains seem to advertise them as.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on September 25th, 2022, 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

And, yet, fried cookie dough bites remain a heart attack in a take out container.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

storewanderer wrote: September 24th, 2022, 1:18 pm

And "cheddar" - a distinct upgrade from the usual pasteurized processed cheese food I mean "American" cheese.
You made me laugh so much. That was cute! :lol:

Almost as funny as some "famous" guy saying Ketchup is a vegetable.

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: September 25th, 2022, 7:24 am
storewanderer wrote: September 24th, 2022, 1:18 pm

You made me laugh so much. That was cute! :lol:

Almost as funny as some "famous" guy saying Ketchup is a vegetable.

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗
If highly processed ketchup is a vegetable, maybe alternative meat is too. Maybe the cookie dough bites are too, they are fried, in, perhaps "vegetable oil."