Arby's Strawberries & Creme Fried Pies

Alpha8472

Arby's Strawberries & Creme Fried Pies

Post by Alpha8472 »

Arby's now has fried Strawberries & Creme pies for a limited time. Do people prefer baked or fried pies?
storewanderer

Re: Arby's Strawberries & Creme Fried Pies

Post by storewanderer »

To properly serve fried pies, the oil needs to be used only for the pies.

This does not usually seem to be handled correctly.

McDonalds was doing fried pies in SoCal ~5 years ago and I see reverted back to baked.

Jollibee has an excellent fried pie in the US but the price is 2.99 each now. Just too much.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Arby's has also added two new dessert items to the menu temporarily.

1. Cinnamon Caramel Shake. This uses the vanilla base and a Caramel syrup and some cinnamon. This is really good. I tried one of the snack size ones for $1 during the 2-5 PM promotion and it was really good.
2. Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Cookie. This was also $1 during the 2-5 PM promotion. This is a frozen thaw and serve cookie that comes in an air tight plastic bag. It is terrible. Inedible. Straight to the trash.

Arbys has stopped baking their other cookies in store and moved to these thaw and sell vending machine style cookies also. They still bake the turnovers in store.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The $1 price point is great. It is too bad that they are no longer baking cookies in the store. When you go to a restaurant, you want fresh-baked cookies. If I wanted thaw and serve, I would go to a supermarket.

It is the fresh baked items that will draw in customers. Saving a little bit of money on thaw and serve will backfire if customers are driven away by bad cookies.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: November 5th, 2022, 1:35 pm The $1 price point is great. It is too bad that they are no longer baking cookies in the store. When you go to a restaurant, you want fresh-baked cookies. If I wanted thaw and serve, I would go to a supermarket.

It is the fresh baked items that will draw in customers. Saving a little bit of money on thaw and serve will backfire if customers are driven away by bad cookies.
I have noticed since COVID started, a number of places that were baking cookies in the fast food restaurant have stopped. These include:
Carls Jr.
KFC
and now Arbys (I believe this is a very recent change at Arbys).

The $1 is during the Happy Hour 2 PM to 5 PM and most locations don't seem to participate. The one in Carson City participates.