Associated Supermarket Group Midwest?

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. No non-grocery posts.
marketreportblog
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

Associated Supermarket Group Midwest?

Post by marketreportblog »

Hi! I'm from right outside New York City where we have a few retailers' cooperatives that represent a lot of independent supermarkets. One of them, based on Long Island, NY, is the Associated Supermarket Group. I am confused by a page on ASG's website where they seem to say they have stores (or a store?) in Illinois. They use Avenue A (their own), Best Yet, and Full Circle products. But I guess I'd take the map with a grain of salt anyway, since I don't know what those map markers are supposed to represent (ASG doesn't have any stores in that part of New York). This, by the way, was on my mind because I was looking into ASG based on some discussions about Compare Foods, one of their brands, on the mid-Atlantic forum.

Scroll down to the Key Facts section of this page to see what I'm talking about:
https://www.asghq.com/work-with-us/

So, any midwest folks know of an ASG store in Illinois? I can't find anything at all online. Thanks!
storewanderer

Re: Associated Supermarket Group Midwest?

Post by storewanderer »

I'm not sure this website helps, it lists a bunch of random stores.
https://www.shopavenuea.com/
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

marketreportblog wrote: October 4th, 2022, 11:47 am Hi! I'm from right outside New York City where we have a few retailers' cooperatives that represent a lot of independent supermarkets. One of them, based on Long Island, NY, is the Associated Supermarket Group. I am confused by a page on ASG's website where they seem to say they have stores (or a store?) in Illinois. They use Avenue A (their own), Best Yet, and Full Circle products. But I guess I'd take the map with a grain of salt anyway, since I don't know what those map markers are supposed to represent (ASG doesn't have any stores in that part of New York). This, by the way, was on my mind because I was looking into ASG based on some discussions about Compare Foods, one of their brands, on the mid-Atlantic forum.

Scroll down to the Key Facts section of this page to see what I'm talking about:
https://www.asghq.com/work-with-us/

So, any midwest folks know of an ASG store in Illinois? I can't find anything at all online. Thanks!
It's not that unusual to supply out of area stores. Shop-Rite used to supply the Heinen's chain in Ohio & Illinois and one in Bermuda.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

buckguy wrote: October 5th, 2022, 5:22 am It's not that unusual to supply out of area stores. Shop-Rite used to supply the Heinen's chain in Ohio & Illinois and one in Bermuda.
Though when I was there (about 10 years ago now), it seemed that the ShopRite items were in mostly long-lived items (like paper products or similar).
Maybe that way, they could easily ship items more infrequently but in larger quantities, as they would be able to be kept for a longer time?
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Shop Rite has two Price Rite branded stores in Bermuda owned by a Bermuda-based group. The stores look rather different from the US version.

Heinen's seems to self distribute and have its own private label.. for about 25 stores.