Los Gatos Whole Foods to relocate

California. No non-grocery posts.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Los Gatos Whole Foods to relocate

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/who ... 501679.php

Given that it shared a center with a just-closed Rite Aid (thought to be a Thrifty but may have very well been Payless branded since WF opened in 1994 and Thrifty and Payless merged around that time), I do wonder if the silent possibility of redevelopment being considered played part in both the recent RAD closure and now-pending WF relocation.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Last edited by norcalriteaidclerk on October 11th, 2022, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
Alpha8472

Re: Los Gatos Whole Foods to relocate

Post by Alpha8472 »

Selling properties is a way to make a ton of money in California. These stores are being sold to make a quick buck. Those condo developers are paying tons of money and cash strapped companies like Rite Aid will jump at the offer.
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

Not unusual for them to relocate for bigger space. One near where I work was an early DC area store and has been in 3 different locations. Their original Cleveland area store moved from one strong location to another for a bigger store in a new complex.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I have seen Whole Foods open up new stores in the same city and surrounding cities when the tiny old one got too busy. Walnut Creek had a tiny store that opened around 1999. It had to open a new one in nearby Lafayette and another in Walnut Creek. The tiny old store was kept open.

A very tiny Trader Joe's was relocated in nearby Concord, California when the original Trader Joe's got too crowded.