Kroger Stores Special Holiday Ad

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Kroger Stores Special Holiday Ad

Post by SamSpade »

They are still customizing ads (ie replacing these paper Kroger bags and the book cover with Fred Meyer) but this appears to be the holiday campaign. They do have their usual Kroji bookends on TV in my market presently as well, one for 'holiday' delivery and another for store pickup service.
https://www.fredmeyer.com/blog/family-recipes
storewanderer

Re: Kroger Stores Special Holiday Ad

Post by storewanderer »

I guess this is the super bowl promotion.

At Smiths.
Kroplate.jpg
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

I've also noticed from Fry's that the takeout food containers have a massive Kroger logo on them now (with much smaller regional logos around the bottom of the container). Also their newest store have the stylized "k" in their pickup signage as well as the shopping cart logo next to the word Fry's.

It might not happen but it really seems that Kroger is moving towards rebranding most (if not all) of the regional banners to the Kroger banner. A lot of this seems like what Macy's did when it eliminated its regional banners.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

More than likely the various store logos get converted to a Krogerized font to go along with the fruitcart logo. Kroger did that in the 60s with its acquisitions like Wyatt in Texas-change the logo to a Kroger-style font, then eventually convert to Kroger.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I really think they are fixing to do some rebranding to Kroger. I still wonder if it is just some banners they'd rebrand or all banners. I'd think 99 times before rebranding Fred Meyer or Harris Teeter... and I'd probably think about 50 times before rebranding something like King Soopers or Frys...

As far as rebranding Safeway stuff I think rebranding soon after the acquisition would not work well, too many changes at once never work. These other banners like Smiths or King Soopers have been on Kroger private label/programs for 20-40 years and customers know what Kroger is. Rebranding would change nothing in the Smiths or King Soopers.

Now hiring sign at Smiths that has printed on it now hiring/Smiths logo then has a picture of 3 smiling employees wearing blue Kroger uniforms with Kroger in huge print on the uniforms (never seen these uniforms in an actual Kroger Store).

IF they are really going to rebrand, my first suggestion to them would be to do a rebranded loyalty program under the Kroger Plus name. With that rebranded loyalty program they need to go to a program that allows for point redemption via fuel discount or for grocery discount (100 points $1 off).
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

jamcool wrote: January 28th, 2023, 7:41 am More than likely the various store logos get converted to a Krogerized font to go along with the fruitcart logo. Kroger did that in the 60s with its acquisitions like Wyatt in Texas-change the logo to a Kroger-style font, then eventually convert to Kroger.
Pay Less Super Markets, a Kroger banner in Indiana, now has a Kroger style font logo:
https://www.pay-less.com/content/v2/bin ... header.svg
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

And so it begins…. Notice the leaf on the “a”…Payless used to have an apple logo.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Doesn't Pay Less only have like 4 stores?
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

storewanderer wrote: January 28th, 2023, 11:28 pm Doesn't Pay Less only have like 4 stores?
Some number like that, yes. I think one of the Marsh stores Kroger bought was rebranded to Pay Less.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Kroger Branding Changes

Post by SamSpade »

Off Topic
I feel this has veered a bit off the TV marketing but...
What about Jay C in Indiana? They are still running separate media from Kroger, which is on the Louisville, KY side of the river/state line.