Scanning Errors

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Scanning Errors

Post by storewanderer »

https://www.thecoastlandtimes.com/2022/ ... ng-errors/

Can't help but notice 3 specific store chains that keep coming up in the list of failures in the article above.

I had some scanning errors again in a store recently. Wasn't one of the stores listed in the above article. I had already had multiple problems in this store in recent weeks with scanning errors and complained about it. I had complained about it via e-mail since the cashiers argue about it every single time and was contacted by e-mail with an apology from the Store Director. So this time I asked to speak to the Store Director. The Store Director came out, didn't seem too friendly, when I said I have an overcharge here and we need to go back and look at the aisle. The Store Director started to argue with me similar to the cashier, until I advised him of the previous complaints I had made. Then he agreed to walk back and do the price checks. I told him I am not happy I have already complained twice and now we are having this problem a third time. He told me if I don't like the scanning errors, I should go shop somewhere else. He did honor the posted prices and as I was leaving another customer was calling them out for another scanning error and he yelled over "NO THOSE ITEMS ARE NOT THAT PRICE" to that customer. I didn't stick around to see what the outcome of that one was. Pretty bad.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Scanning Errors

Post by veteran+ »

storewanderer wrote: December 27th, 2022, 3:04 pm https://www.thecoastlandtimes.com/2022/ ... ng-errors/

Can't help but notice 3 specific store chains that keep coming up in the list of failures in the article above.

I had some scanning errors again in a store recently. Wasn't one of the stores listed in the above article. I had already had multiple problems in this store in recent weeks with scanning errors and complained about it. I had complained about it via e-mail since the cashiers argue about it every single time and was contacted by e-mail with an apology from the Store Director. So this time I asked to speak to the Store Director. The Store Director came out, didn't seem too friendly, when I said I have an overcharge here and we need to go back and look at the aisle. The Store Director started to argue with me similar to the cashier, until I advised him of the previous complaints I had made. Then he agreed to walk back and do the price checks. I told him I am not happy I have already complained twice and now we are having this problem a third time. He told me if I don't like the scanning errors, I should go shop somewhere else. He did honor the posted prices and as I was leaving another customer was calling them out for another scanning error and he yelled over "NO THOSE ITEMS ARE NOT THAT PRICE" to that customer. I didn't stick around to see what the outcome of that one was. Pretty bad.
WOW!!
HCal
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by HCal »

The only chain where I have been seeing regular scanning errors these days is 99 Cents Only, but I think it's usually due to misplaced/missing signage. They really need a better system than they have.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

HCal wrote: December 28th, 2022, 4:14 pm The only chain where I have been seeing regular scanning errors these days is 99 Cents Only, but I think it's usually due to misplaced/missing signage. They really need a better system than they have.
Their policy is basically all merchandise is priced as scanned... don't see how that is legal. I'm not going to argue with them about misplaced items unless the sign explicitly describes the item, which most of their signs do not. I have had a few instances where a price sticker is on an item, then it scans at a higher price than sticker. In those cases I ask for a price change and have had no problems with them doing so. I have also started asking for price checks on everything there before I pay.