Chick-fil-A App Users Report Fraudulent Activity

Alpha8472

Chick-fil-A App Users Report Fraudulent Activity

Post by Alpha8472 »

Users of the app have reported fraudulent activity. Some customers said that money was stolen from their linked accounts. Chick-fil-a says that it was not due to Chick-fil-a's internal systems.

https://www.nrn.com/technology/chick-fi ... hain-s-app
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Chick-fil-A App Users Report Fraudulent Activity

Post by veteran+ »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

Ladies and Gentlemen, how many times do we have to say it: stop using the same password on every single website!

The breach of LastPass has probably given hackers a treasure trove of user names and passwords to throw at every single website and app available. I do remember LastPass at one point talked about an internal study where despite being a password manager to help you remember when you use a different password for each site - that most customers were still using the exact same password for every single website.

There were several similar stories last month and a lot of comments on various retailers social media, but they are not finding actual breaches. Simple passwords and password reuse opens you up to this fraud. I wonder when some of the banks are going to start inquiring about password reuse and then refusing to cover the fraud.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I have taken the steps to make a different password for every website, but now I have 10 different passwords and I keep forgetting them. I end up resetting the passwords constantly.

If someone were to hack your email used for resetting passwords then you are doomed.

They say set up a password formula. Have a password with a pattern. Perhaps include part of the website name and then your standard password.

A good password is a long password. It doesn't have to be random numbers and letters. You also need to make it easy for you to remember, but have a pattern.
Super S

Post by Super S »

This illustrates a huge problem with the various apps etc. This is the age we live in now....people are too lazy to carry cash and instead store money on these apps, where, because they are not true debit/credit cards, security can vary widely from one retailer to the next. And people are in big trouble if a phone ends up in the wrong hands.

I will not link anything to do with money to my phone. This includes credit/debit cards.

For small purchases I prefer paying in cash. Fast food usually falls in to this category.

I use debit for local purchases only, a Chevron card for fuel (which I pay in full each month) and a credit card for out-of-town and online purchases. Credit cards offer more protections against fraud.

I wish that more retailers would offer true specials to everybody instead of having to rely on apps, loyalty cards, etc.