In-N-Out announces Eastern Expansion: Tennessee opens in 2026

ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: In-N-Out announces Eastern Expansion: Tennessee opens in 2026

Post by ClownLoach »

An update I am trying to find the original source for - I read an article where In-N-Out is now stating Tennessee will be a new corporate office (their headquarters will remain in Irvine) however the restaurants there will be supplied with burger patties from the Texas DC. That changes things up a bit (unless they will be moving burger patties from Texas to Tennessee, then trucking it elsewhere? This is feasible because they're doing it in Colorado and NorCal from my understanding).
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

Here's the article that goes into the best detail:

100k square foot office

https://www.masslive.com/food/2023/01/i ... -mass.html
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

What is strange is they will do an office in Nashville, but not a distribution center (yet...?).

100k square feet isn't a small office...
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

Most likely the expansion initially will go eastward from Texas to Nashville, rather than initially radiate very far from Nashville. The space may be for future expansion.

BTW, I think they do have some locations in California that don't have a dine-in option. I think the one Lower Azusa in El Monte is like that.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

buckguy wrote: January 15th, 2023, 5:27 pm Most likely the expansion initially will go eastward from Texas to Nashville, rather than initially radiate very far from Nashville. The space may be for future expansion.

BTW, I think they do have some locations in California that don't have a dine-in option. I think the one Lower Azusa in El Monte is like that.
There are very old locations that still operate as window-based walk up locations. Locations opened in the past 30 years do not operate that way.
lake52
Cashier
Cashier

Post by lake52 »

I would imagine “office” is just corporate nomenclature. The Lathrop distribution center is referred to as an “Office” on Google but is mostly distribution. Their website refers to them as “satellite support centers”. The Lathrop distribution center is also about 100k sq ft so this would track.
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

storewanderer wrote: January 15th, 2023, 5:53 pm
buckguy wrote: January 15th, 2023, 5:27 pm Most likely the expansion initially will go eastward from Texas to Nashville, rather than initially radiate very far from Nashville. The space may be for future expansion.

There are very old locations that still operate as window-based walk up locations. Locations opened in the past 30 years do not operate that way.
This particular one had/has multiple drive thru lanes. I don't recall a walk-up, but the Yelp pics look like there might be one or tey had one in the past.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

buckguy wrote: January 15th, 2023, 6:34 pm

This particular one had/has multiple drive thru lanes. I don't recall a walk-up, but the Yelp pics look like there might be one or tey had one in the past.
There is a very small walk up window on the drive through exit side on this one. The placement is awkward and not the best. The two drive through lanes are also a bit odd as one lane would receive food via the passenger door while the other would receive food through the driver door.