Burger King Brings Back $5 Your Way Meal at $5 or $6

Alpha8472

Burger King Brings Back $5 Your Way Meal at $5 or $6

Post by Alpha8472 »

The meal is back at either $5 or $6 depending on the area. It is $6 where I am at in the San Francisco Bay Area.

It has a choice of Whopper Jr., Chicken Jr., or bacon cheeseburger. You also get 4 nuggets, small fries, and small drink.

https://www.brandeating.com/2023/01/bur ... -2023.html
storewanderer

Re: Burger King Brings Back $5 Your Way Meal at $5 or $6

Post by storewanderer »

I don't know why all of these meals need to include the terrible nuggets.

I'd like an option of small burger, small fries, small drink- no nuggets. At this point I'd probably even pay $4.50 for it.

I suppose the option is there, ordering the small burger, small fries, and small drink separately- but that costs more than these bundles that include chicken nuggets.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: January 6th, 2023, 10:38 pm I don't know why all of these meals need to include the terrible nuggets.

I'd like an option of small burger, small fries, small drink- no nuggets. At this point I'd probably even pay $4.50 for it.

I suppose the option is there, ordering the small burger, small fries, and small drink separately- but that costs more than these bundles that include chicken nuggets.
Or you could just order the special deal and ask them to hold the nuggets (since it is still less than even the Whopper Jr. meal with the same sandwich, fries and beverage). After all, it IS called the YOUR WAY meal, right? Thus, perhaps your way is the nugget free way ;)
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I read a 90-unit Burger King franchisee called TOMS King Ohio is bankrupt.

I wonder if TOMS King practiced a "drive through only" policy at any point from 2020-2022 and if so how long they operated under such policy.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

Some of these meals I remember 6 or 8 years ago included a cookie also. I think the nuggets are pretty good, I do think their sub like long chicken sandwiches are the best though.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

People are divided over Burger King chicken nuggets. Some people hate them, and some people love them. I find that some Burger King restaurants can make them very well, and other ones make them very badly. I think that McDonald's nuggets are dry and tough. They have this petrified shell that is just too thick and chewy. They are very bland to me. The Burger King nuggets seem softer and more brittle. The Burger King Original Chicken Sandwich seems like a very large Burger King chicken nugget. I didn't think it was that bad. I don't like the McChicken at McDonald's because it is too spicy for me. The Burger King sandwiches are not spicy.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Alpha8472 wrote: January 8th, 2023, 8:40 pm I don't like the McChicken at McDonald's because it is too spicy for me. The Burger King sandwiches are not spicy.
Was that the original one? Only since they now have a Spicy McChicken as well (and that one has been the one on the 2 for $x section under the "Dollar" menu), so it is possible that you got the wrong one unintentionally?
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

It was the original.
Super S

Post by Super S »

Alpha8472 wrote: January 8th, 2023, 8:40 pm People are divided over Burger King chicken nuggets. Some people hate them, and some people love them. I find that some Burger King restaurants can make them very well, and other ones make them very badly. I think that McDonald's nuggets are dry and tough. They have this petrified shell that is just too thick and chewy. They are very bland to me. The Burger King nuggets seem softer and more brittle. The Burger King Original Chicken Sandwich seems like a very large Burger King chicken nugget. I didn't think it was that bad. I don't like the McChicken at McDonald's because it is too spicy for me. The Burger King sandwiches are not spicy.
Like anything else at Burger King, it all comes down to whether something was cooked fresh or (more likely) reheated in a microwave. This has a lot to do with the inconsistency of their food.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

I noticed at some point McDonalds seemed to change the chicken used in their chicken biscuits and sandwiches. The crust used to be a more golden color with pepper like spicing where now it looks darker.

I preferred the older style breading.

The nuggets still seem the same.

The BK original chicken sandwich seemed a bit oily, I didn’t notice that with the small round ones.