Walmart Neighborhood Market chaos

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
jipper
Front-End Bagger
Front-End Bagger

Walmart Neighborhood Market chaos

Post by jipper »

There is a Walmart Neighborhood Market close to where I live. When it opened, it was extraordinarily well stocked, clean and a great place to get groceries. The staff was friendly and helpful and that remains to this day.

What does not remain is the statement well stocked. The place is in a constant state of chaos (and not just a little bit) with pallets blocking aisles as well as order pickers and their big carts seemingly everywhere. It is difficult to maneuver through the store without coming to some type of blocked area along your journey. Add to that the individual product vendors and you have quite a scene. The majority of the bagged dog food is blocked by the order pickers' staging area.

But, if you want to see some real chaos, go to one of these stores when the wifi goes out. This happened one Sunday and the outage closed all of the self checkout registers. I put my stuff back and left.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Neighborhood Market chaos

Post by veteran+ »

I have experienced that kind of mess at Whole Foods, sans the pallets.