Survey nonsense

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Survey nonsense

Post by veteran+ »

These things always make me laugh. So sad that so many believe them.

https://www.supermarketnews.com/retail- ... ers-forbes
BreakingThrough
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Re: Survey nonsense

Post by BreakingThrough »

LOL Forbes has truly prostituted its brand to the max. This week they released a bunch of lists (Best Large Companies, Best Midsize Companies, Best Products in certain categories, etc.). My company landed on the Best Midsize Companies list (I work for a company unaffiliated with retail). Love my company but we do not do nearly enough to get on one of these lists legitimately (usually requires extensive employee support programs and max-out DEI initiatives, etc.). Forbes is in it to sell licensing packages -- the cheapest package, which basically just allows you use the Forbes logo, is more than $20k for a 1-year license.
storewanderer

Re: Survey nonsense

Post by storewanderer »

My understanding with these packages is the media outlet contacts your business and says "you've just been selected as one of the top 5 (insert business type) in your area."

In order to participate in our program, we have various advertising packages we would like to sell you... we will give you multiple ads that are full color, full page, 1/4 page, whatever you are willing to pay for, and then we will run a story about your business and how you are one of the top 5 (insert business type) in your area.

Gannet is trying this sort of scheme to drum up ad revenue at local newspapers too.