Subway to build EV charging "oasis" locations

cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Subway to build EV charging "oasis" locations

Post by cjd »

I doubt this will take off. Our local mall, what I consider to be a dead mall at that, recently installed some of these charging stations, behind the abandoned Kmart. I’ve never seen anyone use them.

I guess this is done attempt to stay relevant.

It’s a shame Subways gone downhill. I used to eat there pretty often pre 2020.
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by babs »

cjd wrote: March 5th, 2023, 5:48 am I doubt this will take off. Our local mall, what I consider to be a dead mall at that, recently installed some of these charging stations, behind the abandoned Kmart. I’ve never seen anyone use them.

If they were Tesla Superchargers, they will attract a crowd. If they are any other brand, it probably will not....and I often see them unused. Most of the other chargers are Level 2, that aren't a big deal and not worth stopping for. Level 3 charges like Tesla uses, offer much faster charger. There's a big difference.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

babs wrote: March 5th, 2023, 7:10 pm
cjd wrote: March 5th, 2023, 5:48 am I doubt this will take off. Our local mall, what I consider to be a dead mall at that, recently installed some of these charging stations, behind the abandoned Kmart. I’ve never seen anyone use them.

If they were Tesla Superchargers, they will attract a crowd. If they are any other brand, it probably will not....and I often see them unused. Most of the other chargers are Level 2, that aren't a big deal and not worth stopping for. Level 3 charges like Tesla uses, offer much faster charger. There's a big difference.
You have to be careful what chargers you use. I have read reports of chargers shorting the battery and making the EV undrivable.

I have not heard of the Tesla Superchargers doing that but if they did at least it is Tesla you are dealing with as the owner of the charger and the one who warranties the vehicle and services the vehicle so I expect it would be taken care of.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

With the Inflation Reduction Act, businesses get a tax credit of $100,000 per electric car charger. Subway is simply doing this to get money. Whether or not it will bring in tons of customers is questionable, but Subway should make money on this.

Electric car charger construction has exploded because in 2023 businesses and individuals get huge tax credits with the new law. I have even seen a ridiculous number of EV chargers under construction in front of Dollar Tree here in Northern California.

Forget Subway restaurants, Subway should just open Electric Vehicle Charging stations all over the country. It is a profitable venture now.