Idaho Picks Up Another Grocery Outlet

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Idaho Picks Up Another Grocery Outlet

Post by SamSpade »

https://localnews8.com/life/growing-eas ... pocatello/
There's not really another grocer in this immediate area and a lot of folks would be traveling there by car (it is relatively near Walmart Supercenter to the north, WinCo Foods to the south).
Former Bed Bath & Beyond space
storewanderer

Re: Idaho Picks Up Another Grocery Outlet

Post by storewanderer »

I am surprised they have not returned to Utah but it appears to be a logistics issue or something. Las Vegas/Phoenix/Hawaii are also places they were in the past but left and it will be interesting to see if/when they return.

I think they are supplying these ID stores from CA. Supposedly this is why Winnemucca, NV got a Grocery Outlet, it was along the route.

Some article I read recently said 13% of Grocery Outlet's sales come from food stamp payments and the upcoming cuts to food stamps will significantly hurt Grocery Outlet. I have no idea where that number came from but from my observations in the Grocery Outlet Stores I visit that absolutely does not appear to be the case at all. I see far more food stamp payments at WinCo and Wal Mart than I see at Grocery Outlet.