Sprouts implementing .10 Bag Fee April 3

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Re: Sprouts implementing .10 Bag Fee April 3

Post by storewanderer »

rwsandiego wrote: May 10th, 2023, 6:09 pm
Let's hope they make a similar change in Phoenix, which is their headquarters for heaven's sake. There's one on Indian School and 28th street that isn't bad. The cashiers are OK but the folks on the floor (especially in the body care department) are zombies. Same at Glendale and 16th Street. Osborne Rd and 7th Avenue is filled with oddballs. Cashiers who make borderline inappropriate small talk (think an SNL skit), self-checkout people who take their time to assist when the register throws up, deli people who are so busy looking at their phones that they leave a sandwich in the oven for too long. You can't blame the neighborhood because the Safeway across the street and the Natural Grocers a mile away have very nice, helpful employees. The Safeway staff deserve medals for remaining friendly as they handle a very high volume of customers.
One of the friendliest most professional cashiers they have in Reno is actually assigned to the vitamin department but is basically always put on a register (as the second cashier), so this particular cashier is always placed at the very end register that spends its shift staring at the vitamin aisles.

Those employees in Phoenix sound like what I remember of Wild Oats employees. But the store was called Wild Oats, the sale prices were called Wild Buy, I don't know, I sort of felt like it fit. Some of the employees when Sprouts opened here were also that way, it was really bad.