Wendy's

Alpha8472

Re: Wendy's

Post by Alpha8472 »

Wendy's has brought back the Strawberry Frosty replacing the Vanilla Frosty for a limited time.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Wendys has a breakfast promotion running again with this $3 Croissant and Small Breakfast Potatoes.

In Reno the Croissant alone is now 4.49 and the potato alone is now 1.99 so this is quite a deal.

If you order in the app you can switch out the croissant as bread type for a biscuit, bun, or some other thing.

Great deal.

Also somehow in Reno their register still charges .99 for a 16oz drink a long long time ago value menu price (20oz is 2.29 or something).
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

storewanderer wrote: May 13th, 2023, 10:16 pm Wendys has a breakfast promotion running again with this $3 Croissant and Small Breakfast Potatoes.

In Reno the Croissant alone is now 4.49 and the potato alone is now 1.99 so this is quite a deal.

If you order in the app you can switch out the croissant as bread type for a biscuit, bun, or some other thing.

Great deal.

They've been running this deal for at least a month now in my area, I'm actually surprised they haven't ended it already. I always sub the croissant for a biscuit and the majority of the time, they put on a slice of American cheese instead of the 'swiss cheese sauce' (it doesn't let you sub that in the app).
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

I see they are still running he promo here in Phoenix. I'll have to get one next time I'm out and about at breakfast.

Wendy's breakfast platters were my go-to in college (back in the early - mid 1980's). Always liked their eggs better than McDonald's, even when I worked at Mc Donald's.

My local Wendy's (3rd Street and Indian School) actually has very good fries and knows how to build a great burger. However, to @clownloach's point, that is not universal. A friend and I went to one in Clearwater, FL and it was positively vile. Cold, oily fries, stale bun. The Wendy's down the road was the exact opposite.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Their egg tastes great. It is one of the best fast food eggs I've eaten. Basically tastes the same as an egg I'd make at home. It is the same idea as the McDonalds McMuffin Egg but somehow it has more flavor and just tastes better.

What I am not a fan of is the "swiss sauce" on the croissant (this is used in place of butter/cheese on the biscuit). It isn't bad or anything but it isn't my type of thing.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

storewanderer wrote: May 15th, 2023, 9:33 pm Their egg tastes great. It is one of the best fast food eggs I've eaten. Basically tastes the same as an egg I'd make at home. It is the same idea as the McDonalds McMuffin Egg but somehow it has more flavor and just tastes better.

What I am not a fan of is the "swiss sauce" on the croissant (this is used in place of butter/cheese on the biscuit). It isn't bad or anything but it isn't my type of thing.
The "swiss sauce" does not look very appealing to me. A nice slice of Cheddar (or American) cheese will do nicely, thank you.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

rwsandiego wrote: May 16th, 2023, 12:01 am
storewanderer wrote: May 15th, 2023, 9:33 pm Their egg tastes great. It is one of the best fast food eggs I've eaten. Basically tastes the same as an egg I'd make at home. It is the same idea as the McDonalds McMuffin Egg but somehow it has more flavor and just tastes better.

The "swiss sauce" does not look very appealing to me. A nice slice of Cheddar (or American) cheese will do nicely, thank you.
They use american cheese by default on the biscuits.

If you use the app you can do a lot of customizing. It isn't very intuitive. For instance on the Croissant if you want it on a biscuit instead, in the app, once you add the item, there is a list of ingredients with pictures/boxes for each item and you click the picture of the croissant bread and it pops up a little box allowing you to change it to a biscuit, roll, or some other thing. The same process would go for cheese I believe but possibly you would have to just omit the swiss sauce then go down to the bottom of the item page on the app and select the cheese for +0.30 or some nominal amount. I don't recall an option for Cheddar. They should add that.