Arby's Sells Burgers For The First Time Ever

storewanderer

Re: Arby's Sells Burgers For The First Time Ever

Post by storewanderer »

So, their app had an offer, buy burger, get a coupon on next visit for any sandwich. Plus $3 off $10 purchase.

So I decided to order one of these burgers......

I got to the location and as usual it had no other customers. The employees got into a discussion about how many burgers to "drop" and decided to "drop" 3 of them into the fryer. Luckily I got a fried to order burger. This place has so few customers I'm not sure if the other 2 burgers will even sell.

I also got lucky they decided the fries they had sitting there were too hard to serve, so they decided to cook a heaping overflowing fresh basket of fries as well to fulfill my order of a kid size/snack size (which they now call small) fries, to sit around for another hour, while they have almost no customers.

Anyway the burger. Presentation is A+ - this burger looked perfectly made, what I was given looked very similar to the picture on the menu. At this point I decided to forget it was deep fried then microwaved and get over that. The bun was soft, vegetables were perfect, assembly was perfect if not a bit too tall but it held together well. The burger is supposedly 51% Waygu and 49% Not Waygu. The patty is thick and I would equate this to the type of burger you'd get from a Chili's or Applebee's type of place but the patty actually tasted better. The edges of the burger were juicy (of course from the oil) but once you got into the burger patty it seemed like any pan-grilled burger. It was not oozing oil or grease or anything like that which surprised me. The overall flavor was good. I did not have any bad aftertaste or burping up oil or any of the other immediate/short term bad effects I was expecting from consuming this deep fried burger.

I'm not sure I'd order it again but if I was not paying attention to it being deep fried, I'd be saying this is an above average tasting burger and far above typical fast food shelf. Not sure what my opinion would have been if I got one that sat in holding bin for hours though.

I was at the location for about 40 minutes and it only had one other customer during that time, who ordered a 2 for $7 promotion.