Chili's Half Pound Burgers Are A Hot Seller Amid High Inflation

storewanderer

Re: Chili's Half Pound Burgers Are A Hot Seller Amid High Inflation

Post by storewanderer »

Bagels wrote: May 29th, 2023, 3:48 pm

For whatever reason, the Irvine location frequently tests new menus. The "3 For Me" deals they've been trialing are downsized meals compared to the full menu equivalents. Recently, the new "Crispers" went live nationally -- $12.29 to $13.49 (depending on the market) for a four piece meal, including chips/ soup/ salad, one regular and one premium side. Soft drinks are $2.99 to $3.29 (depending on the market). Meanwhile... the "3 For Me" option includes one less tender an no premium side (also, one less dipping sauce... on paper). So, depending on your store, you save $1.29 to $2.79 for the "3 For Me" option but would be better off paying the extra and splitting / taking home the extras.

Unfortunately, more of entrees will likely be downsized soon. FWIW, the "3 For Me" crispers meal was my cheat meal for many years. Early last year, the price went from $9.99 to $10.99 for four tenders, soup/ salad, two regular sides and a drink. The jump to $13.99 recently - along with the loss of a tender and side - means I'll be going to Cane's instead from now on.
Unless Cane's decides to randomly close like they were closed today for Memorial Day.

Cane's wants 9.49 for 3 tenders, 1 fries, 1 sauce, 1 drink, and 1 bread.

There was a price increase here on that item to 10.88 for about one day and they retracted the increase and went back to 9.49.

The price is probably higher in CA.

Not sure how these Crispers you describe are but they'd have to be pretty bad to make it worth going to Cane's for that chicken with no taste. About 20% of the time Cane's has some flavor and I actually enjoy the meal. Also if you want to screw around a bit with the menu at Cane's, you may want to order 2 kid meals with no drink (no drink deducts 80 cents from the price) and substitute fries for something else.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Bagels »

storewanderer wrote: May 29th, 2023, 10:16 pmUnless Cane's decides to randomly close like they were closed today for Memorial Day.

There was a price increase here on that item to 10.88 for about one day and they retracted the increase and went back to 9.49.

Not sure how these Crispers you describe are but they'd have to be pretty bad to make it worth going to Cane's for that chicken with no taste. About 20% of the time Cane's has some flavor and I actually enjoy the meal. Also if you want to screw around a bit with the menu at Cane's, you may want to order 2 kid meals with no drink (no drink deducts 80 cents from the price) and substitute fries for something else.
I really like Raising Cane's. :).

We don't go there much, as the price of a box combo is now $13.99 and even though menu calorie counts haven't decreased, per the pictures we've taken in the past, the portions have definitely decreased and it generally isn't enough food to split.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Bagels wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 8:53 pm
storewanderer wrote: May 29th, 2023, 10:16 pmUnless Cane's decides to randomly close like they were closed today for Memorial Day.

I really like Raising Cane's. :).

We don't go there much, as the price of a box combo is now $13.99 and even though menu calorie counts haven't decreased, per the pictures we've taken in the past, the portions have definitely decreased and it generally isn't enough food to split.
I think Reno is at 10.99 on the Box Combo now. Last I heard they have the same prices at all NV/AZ units (used to be a franchisee but are all corporate now).

I think the Caniac is pretty splittable but it is somewhere around $16 now in Nevada (guessing that is about $1 more in CA).

The size of the strips varies a lot by visit. Despite it being a poorer value I actually prefer the smaller/skinnier scrawny strips rather than the super thick ones.

Their fry portion sure varies widely by visit. Sometimes it is almost no fries... when I went last week the Toast was also smaller than I'd ever seen it before. I guess they changed breads.

I've gotten to like Wing Stop tenders, but salt level is probably 10x Raising Canes; the Wing Stop website has some upsell thing at the bottom of various item listings allowing you to "add 2 tenders" to an item then "add 2 tenders" again at checkout. The price was 1.99 here for that add 2, then last month it went up to 2.99. Monday/Tuesday there is a .70 Boneless Wings special, minimum 10 wings, and I have yet to get 10 wings in an order (I've had 11, 14, 12, etc.).