Dollar Tree, etc.

mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Dollar Tree, etc.

Post by mbz321 »

I took this pic yesterday in one of my local Dollar Tree's....it looks like the customers are failing to clearly understand the Plus! concept.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

mbz321 wrote: June 7th, 2023, 6:59 pm

I took this pic yesterday in one of my local Dollar Tree's....it looks like the customers are failing to clearly understand the Plus! concept.
The Dollar Tree units (with refrigeration) in my area have this Dollar Tree Plus section in frozen. However they have no "Dollar Tree Plus" out on the merchandise aisles. I think this makes it even more confusing when these items are in a single category and nowhere else in the store.

I've never seen any customers looking at let alone buying these items.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

storewanderer wrote: June 7th, 2023, 1:07 pm
veteran+ wrote: June 7th, 2023, 8:52 am And the beat goes on............................

https://www.supermarketnews.com/retail- ... violations
One store out of thousands cited... meaningless and sounds like an isolated incident.

What are these inspectors doing? There should be an army of them driving around looking at these stores. They could hit many different stores in a day. Completely inefficient and inept. Slap on the wrist.

The beat goes on all right...
Their budgets have been reduced so drastically that there are very few inspectors to do this important work. This goes for food health auditors and many other Gov. Agencies checking on such matters.

And........................"meaningless and sounds like an isolated incident" ????????

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.............Wrong!
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: June 8th, 2023, 8:32 am
storewanderer wrote: June 7th, 2023, 1:07 pm
veteran+ wrote: June 7th, 2023, 8:52 am And the beat goes on............................

https://www.supermarketnews.com/retail- ... violations

Their budgets have been reduced so drastically that there are very few inspectors to do this important work. This goes for food health auditors and many other Gov. Agencies checking on such matters.

And........................"meaningless and sounds like an isolated incident" ????????

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.............Wrong!
The article about one store makes it look like to Wall Street that things are getting better. That is why I made the meaningless and isolated incident comment. That's how it can be spun to Wall Street.

I know nothing is getting better because I go to these stores. Nothing has changed.

This is where I don't mesh with government. These chains pose a huge money making opportunity for these government inspectors agencies. But there is no motivation for them to "go after the revenue (fines)." But they don't go after it. Excuses. Budget cuts, COVID can't travel, whatever.

Remember how the CA inspectors went after stores selling expired baby formula in the 00s? They did huge sweeps all over the state. That type of operation is needed here. Big money to be made by the government. Too bad they don't care.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

Well if you mean they don't care by constantly cutting the money needed to do these audits then yeah, for sure.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: June 8th, 2023, 9:46 am Well if you mean they don't care by constantly cutting the money needed to do these audits then yeah, for sure.
These Audits should pay for themselves and turn a profit for the government (I know that isn't how government really functions but you know what I mean).

These Audits should not be seen as a money suck. They should be seen as a revenue generating activity.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

While out and about today,I was pleasantly surprised to see a Dollar Tree at 1895 Howe closed up(likely within the last year or two based on the final Yelp review)and undergoing conversion to a plasma donation center.The one location they had in the downtown grid(S/13th)also closed within the past couple of years.Dollar Tree has way too many stores in town while the 'good' retailers(drugstores especially)are closing stores throughout town. :roll:
For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Dollar Tree used to have lines like crazy even just 4 years ago. Then they started shrinking items and raising prices. The value has gone down.

Now there are barely any customers. I am surprised more of them have not closed down already. I used to visit often, but now nothing interests me anymore.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: August 18th, 2023, 11:42 pm While out and about today,I was pleasantly surprised to see a Dollar Tree at 1895 Howe closed up(likely within the last year or two based on the final Yelp review)and undergoing conversion to a plasma donation center.The one location they had in the downtown grid(S/13th)also closed within the past couple of years.Dollar Tree has way too many stores in town while the 'good' retailers(drugstores especially)are closing stores throughout town. :roll:
One just closed in Reno at around 3310 South McCarran. This opened right after they bought 99 Cents Clearance Centers and for many years was very low volume. I was surprised it lasted as long as it did. Raleys (former Scolaris- horrible store, they should be embarrassed to have their name on it), and a CVS (former Thrifty) also in center.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

Oh gee wiz, I guess everyone is picking on them..................tsk tsk :lol:

https://www.supermarketnews.com/retail- ... s-missouri

"pay attention to what they do, not what they say"