Brookshire Grocery to open 51st Super 1 Foods store

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. No non-grocery posts.
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Brookshire Grocery to open 51st Super 1 Foods store

Post by wnetmacman »

dallaz wrote: June 8th, 2023, 10:56 pm There’s a Super 1 in Seagoville in Dallas County on Hall St. It was originally a Minyard’s and became a Brookshire’s. Brookshire’s converted it into a Super 1 a few years ago.
There's not many other options in Seagoville other than that store and Walmart. That's the environment they thrive in. BGC can beat Walmart's no sale paper strategy with Super 1, and service with Brookshire's.
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

This store opened this morning. Developing Lafayette, a website dedicated to all things new here, has some pretty good pictures on their site here: https://developinglafayette.com/wp/insi ... LvX3F684TU

I think they did an excellent job inside of removing all the Winn Dixie and Shoppers Value leftovers. It appears all the refrigeration is new.

I also need to correct myself - this is the 49th store. More are under development, however.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

Nice looking store. It is refreshing to see a "value-oriented" "budget-friendly" store that looks inviting. All too often, they look like dives.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

Assuming they left the drop ceiling to save money on air conditioning costs and construction. Still looks good. Decor is decently designed to fit drop ceilings unlike say Kroger who can't seem to make theirs look decent in those lower ceiling stores.