Jack In The Box Gets Rid of the Old Munchie Meal Sandwiches

Alpha8472

Jack In The Box Gets Rid of the Old Munchie Meal Sandwiches

Post by Alpha8472 »

The company got rid of the Munchie Meal sandwiches and now for the Munchie Meals you have to choose items from the regular menu.

Now it is a sandwich, 2 sides, and a small drink for $10. The old meals used to be $6.

https://www.brandeating.com/2023/05/jac ... -meal.html
storewanderer

Re: Jack In The Box Gets Rid of the Old Munchie Meal Sandwiches

Post by storewanderer »

With as high as their combo pricing is, this is actually not the worst deal...

But I won't be paying $10 for this.
Super S

Post by Super S »

When the whole restaurant including the drive-thru is closed at 8PM some days, a "late night" munchie meal is pretty pointless. And with their menu pricing skyrocketing, a lot of their menu items are priced higher than they are worth.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

It has gotten so overpriced now. I used to go all the time when they had lots of free food offers on the app. Then they changed the app so that it is difficult to figure out.

Now it is a death spiral. Many of these Jack In The Box restaurants will close if the prices are not lowered. They need to restore their late night hours, lower prices, and keep the dining room open reasonable hours.

I want to see some new items instead of the same old mediocre food.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Their Reno franchisee has gotten most locations back to somewhat acceptable hours. The one at South Lake Tahoe is still only open 8 AM to 4 PM but the others are somewhat normal now mostly closing at 10 PM at the earliest and the inside is open but I rarely see customers inside these locations that had the inside closed for 2+ years. Some of their other locations that got inside reopened quickly in 2021 and stayed open later the entire COVID period seem to be relatively busy.

The app seems to require a $10 minimum purchase for most of the offers. The app also seems to be harder to use than before. I think they changed technology providers or something.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Jack in the Box has added a snack chicken strip wrap to its menu.

This would be similar to the old McDonalds chicken snack wraps.

These cost $3 and are a bit more finished than the McDonalds product which was just chicken/shredded cheese/lettuce/dressing. They will contain 1 chicken strip, cheese, 2 sauces, lettuce, and pickles or jalapenos. There is also a grilled option.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The chicken wrap fad is coming back. I don't know how popular these wraps will be. If they are good maybe Burger King might start doing wraps again.

There is also a chicken sandwich sort of thing made with 2 chicken strips and French fries.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I tried the grilled chicken wrap and it was quite good. I also saw a grilled chicken sandwich at Jack In The Box. Wendy's ended their grilled chicken sandwich in order to start selling grilled chicken wraps.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: June 9th, 2023, 6:36 pm I tried the grilled chicken wrap and it was quite good. I also saw a grilled chicken sandwich at Jack In The Box. Wendy's ended their grilled chicken sandwich in order to start selling grilled chicken wraps.
If it is the same grilled chicken they used to put into the pitas it is pretty good. I think the pita may still be on the menu.

I'll have to try the new wrap; the price point is horrendous as I was getting those little wraps at Wendys before COVID and them discontinuing them for like 1.89. Oh well.

I have yet to try the Wendys new wrap, not sure I will. The only thing I've had lately from Wendys that is any good is breakfast items.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Tried one of these wraps. It was served to me in a taco bag (not a normal wrapper), but it worked.

I had the "good good" sauce omitted as I wasn't sure what I'd think of it. I liked the pickle (there was only one pickle) and ranch combination. Good flavor. The amount of the chicken was quite good and there was plenty of lettuce and enough cheese. This felt like a step up from the old MCD wraps or the old Wendys Go wraps due to what felt like larger servings of chicken and lettuce.

I asked for a container of Good Good Sauce which was provided with no issue/fee and did dump part of it onto a couple bites worth of the wrap and it was pretty good with that but maybe there was just too much going on flavor-wise.

Overall getting past the $3 price point for something that should cost $2.29 it was pretty good. Forgetting the price I'll probably order more of these.