EG Group Exits Kansas City

Gas stations & convenience stores (AM/PM, 7-Eleven, etc.)
storewanderer

EG Group Exits Kansas City

Post by storewanderer »

EG Group had 26 Minit Mart units in Kansas City area and has sold all of these units to Casey's. No idea why Casey's wants these.

These stations are all branded with P66 or Conoco and are an assortment of previously failed stations. Some of these are former corporate P66/Conoco Circle K sites that were sold off to operator Jenny's Market who failed (this buyer also got the corporate P66/Conoco units in Albuquerque and Salt Lake City and they also failed with all of those) and walked from the stations, then they were re-occupied by something called Gas Mart USA who also failed and eventually ended up under TA as Minit Marts back when TA was buying any random c-store it could find to expand Minit Mart. Most of these sites still have Circle K interiors and have not had updates inside since the late 90's. Last time I was in Kansas City these were still under TA so it has been a while and they were doing literally no business. I had no idea how they were surviving.

I wonder what other markets EG Group is looking to exit.

At the SW tip of the KC metro there is one Kwik Shop (Kroger) unit in Lenexa. This was built right when Dillon's was exiting the market and the Price Chopper there was a store site for Dillon's. It appears this location is not part of the group sold to Casey's. There are plenty of other Kwik Shops 20 minutes from Lenexa in Lawrence.