Pavilions Long Beach converting to Vons

California. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Re: Pavilions Long Beach converting to Vons

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: June 27th, 2023, 2:51 pm

The Albertsons with this decor in North Las Vegas is bizarre. Ultra low low low end store in a beautiful building. Pavilions decor, Albertsons layout, Food4Less tier assortment. Someone must have grossly misjudged the location as high end because Summerlin is relatively close on the beltway. It appears it could have possibly opened with the Pavilions style high end liquor but then reduced the department at least by half and moved to full shelves of house brand well drink grade spirits. I think they removed a few produce islands as well. It's a really low class store.
I was underwhelmed by that store in Las Vegas with the Pavilions decor. It also felt a little small inside to me. It just so happened to be opening at that time around the attempted Rite Aid merger and it received that interior. Some early 00's Albertsons scattered around the area with Colorful Lifestyle or Supervalu interiors including one not too far away from there are much nicer.

The produce area didn't change, they have fewer islands than CA Stores.

The Summerlin-bordering area area is a bit odd. The Smiths near Summerlin at Rampart with the large Kosher department just got remodeled and it has the center of the store with assorted high theft items in a glass-enclosed area with separate checkout, plus lot cop cameras in the parking lot. For what I thought was a more upscale store, these things don't quite add up.