Save Mart/Food Maxx Carson City- No Liquor Sales Allowed

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Save Mart/Food Maxx Carson City- No Liquor Sales Allowed

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

rwsandiego wrote: July 23rd, 2023, 10:48 am I'm going to guess they sold liquor to a police officer posing as someone under the age of 21. Many years ago, I was approached by a "teenager" in front of a Rite Aid in San Diego who asked me to buy them liquor. They "forgot" their ID at home. I suggested they go home and walked away. Next time I stopped into the store they were not selling liquor. Now, the practice in San Diego County was to put a huge orange sticker on the front door and at the liquor department stating the liquor license had been suspended. I'm surprised the employees were not required to wear the letter "S" on their chests.

Another possibility is a community group filed a complaint or sued to have the license revoked or not renewed. Courts and licensing boards make some strange decisions when faced with community complaints.
Off Topic
I'm curious to whether this RAD location even remains in business,as even as far back as the 2000's there were closures of some acquired Thrifty Payless locations even in San Diego.
For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Save Mart/Food Maxx Carson City- No Liquor Sales Allowed

Post by rwsandiego »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: August 5th, 2023, 12:05 pm
rwsandiego wrote: July 23rd, 2023, 10:48 am I'm going to guess they sold liquor to a police officer posing as someone under the age of 21. Many years ago, I was approached by a "teenager" in front of a Rite Aid in San Diego who asked me to buy them liquor. They "forgot" their ID at home. I suggested they go home and walked away. Next time I stopped into the store they were not selling liquor. Now, the practice in San Diego County was to put a huge orange sticker on the front door and at the liquor department stating the liquor license had been suspended. I'm surprised the employees were not required to wear the letter "S" on their chests.

Another possibility is a community group filed a complaint or sued to have the license revoked or not renewed. Courts and licensing boards make some strange decisions when faced with community complaints.
Off Topic
I'm curious to whether this RAD location even remains in business,as even as far back as the 2000's there were closures of some acquired Thrifty Payless locations even in San Diego.
The store, located at 535 Robinson (between Fifth and Sixth Streets) is still open. In fact, it is a 24 hour a day store. It does a very brisk business. The one at 3650 Adams Avenue is also a 24 hour store and also does a brisk business.