Pepsi New Logo and Free Pepsi For Everyone in the US

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
Alpha8472

Pepsi New Logo and Free Pepsi For Everyone in the US

Post by Alpha8472 »

Pepsi is changing its logo. The new logo looks like the old fashioned Pepsi logo from years ago.

They are also giving away a free Pepsi to everyone in the US August 28 via text. This is to celebrate the 125th birthday.

Pepsi is also opening up a temporay Pepsi diner in New York based on a traditional diner featuring Crystal Pepsi and Pepsi cocktails. There will also be Pepsi inspired food with a 3 course meal for $50.

https://csnews.com/pepsi-unveils-new-vi ... -125-years
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Pepsi New Logo and Free Pepsi For Everyone in the US

Post by Brian Lutz »

They actually introduced this new logo several months ago and said that they would be rolling it out gradually over the course of 2023, although I have yet to see it anywhere besides a press release. It's a big improvement over the old logo, which I never really cared for at all.

I've noticed that Pepsi seems unusually strong in this part of the country compared to Coke, probably because it's relatively close to where Pepsi was invented in New Bern NC. They have a "Born in the Carolinas" branding they use in NC and SC, and it seems like the vast majority of mom-and-pop places offer Pepsi products, with Coke mostly found at the chains that usually have it.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Pepsi New Logo and Free Pepsi For Everyone in the US

Post by BillyGr »

Brian Lutz wrote: August 28th, 2023, 10:13 am They actually introduced this new logo several months ago and said that they would be rolling it out gradually over the course of 2023, although I have yet to see it anywhere besides a press release. It's a big improvement over the old logo, which I never really cared for at all.

I've noticed that Pepsi seems unusually strong in this part of the country compared to Coke, probably because it's relatively close to where Pepsi was invented in New Bern NC. They have a "Born in the Carolinas" branding they use in NC and SC, and it seems like the vast majority of mom-and-pop places offer Pepsi products, with Coke mostly found at the chains that usually have it.
Seems like a good possibility, also may be some areas that are stronger due to whomever had the contracts for bottling and what effort they put into getting it out there (like any franchised business, some are always better than others).