Celebrations by Party City “Store within a store” at new Winn Dixie?

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. No non-grocery posts.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Celebrations by Party City “Store within a store” at new Winn Dixie?

Post by cjd »

I noticed in photos that the new Apopka Winn Dixie that just opened has a section with “Celebrations by Party City” signage over it. It also has a tagline “Decorations for the Winn”.

Is this a common thing to have Party City sections in other stores? This is a section with the greeting cards, birthday party items and seasonal decorations, currently with Halloween items.
storewanderer

Re: Celebrations by Party City “Store within a store” at new Winn Dixie?

Post by storewanderer »

I've never seen this before. This reminds me of a long time ago when the office chains took over merchandising of office supply aisles in various grocers. I think Albertsons had Office Depot, Kroger had Staples, and Safeway had Office Max.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: August 20th, 2023, 7:39 pm I've never seen this before. This reminds me of a long time ago when the office chains took over merchandising of office supply aisles in various grocers. I think Albertsons had Office Depot, Kroger had Staples, and Safeway had Office Max.
Stop & Shop had that as well, but don't remember which brand they used (and also not sure if the family Giants did that as well or not, since those weren't local enough to go to).
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

BillyGr wrote: August 21st, 2023, 7:14 am
Stop & Shop had that as well, but don't remember which brand they used (and also not sure if the family Giants did that as well or not, since those weren't local enough to go to).
I remember Giant (PA) had and promoted Staples products for a short while, .I want to say the mid 2000's?, so I'm guessing it was the same at S&S.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

storewanderer wrote: August 20th, 2023, 7:39 pm I've never seen this before. This reminds me of a long time ago when the office chains took over merchandising of office supply aisles in various grocers. I think Albertsons had Office Depot, Kroger had Staples, and Safeway had Office Max.
Reminds me of Albertsons with their Toys R Us departments (during the Larry era). Kroger did something similar a few years ago.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

mbz321 wrote: August 27th, 2023, 7:32 pm
BillyGr wrote: August 21st, 2023, 7:14 am
I remember Giant (PA) had and promoted Staples products for a short while, .I want to say the mid 2000's?, so I'm guessing it was the same at S&S.
Makes sense - I knew it was one of the main office stores, just forgot which one (since there were three at that time) :)
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

There is only one store within a store Party City. Party City hopes to copy the store within a store concept of having a Toys R Us inside of Macy's.

The idea is to give people a reason to go to your store by adding more things to buy.

https://www.thestreet.com/retailers/pop ... vival-plan
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

It seems pretty unlikely that they’ll have any more with Aldi buying W-D.