Cracker Barrel - new Reno location

bryceleinan
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Cracker Barrel - new Reno location

Post by bryceleinan »

Went to the new Cracker Barrel in Reno tonight, and that place was PACKED. Talked to the manager who transferred from the Rocklin store, and he said that it has been that way since when it opened last Monday. We were on the wait list for 30-ish minutes, and even then, things were a bit disorganized. They are also staying open until 10 PM during the week and 11 on Friday / Saturday, it'll be interesting to see how long those hours last.
storewanderer

Re: Cracker Barrel - new Reno location

Post by storewanderer »

Those are the same hours they have in Las Vegas so maybe it will work. That Las Vegas unit runs like a tight ship, it is very impressive, have gone multiple times now due to convenience reasons and they are really executing there. Gives me some confidence after what they've done in NorCal/OR which is quite a flop. Also good to see they have the same pricing in Reno as they have in Las Vegas. This puts many entrees at $1.50-$3 cheaper than the Rocklin or Medford units, decent value for Reno.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

Sounds like they need to just pull the plug on the dead West Coast locations. This brand just doesn't fit the market. I haven't ever seen a crowd at either Camarillo or Santa Maria, and it sounds like everything north of there is a clown show.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: November 6th, 2023, 8:16 pm Sounds like they need to just pull the plug on the dead West Coast locations. This brand just doesn't fit the market. I haven't ever seen a crowd at either Camarillo or Santa Maria, and it sounds like everything north of there is a clown show.
I was surprised they opened Reno, however, I expect the Reno location to be successful if they can operate it correctly. That side of Reno generally lacks chain restaurants and is loaded with fast food all over. The neighborhood they located in is terrible, but new developments are trying very hard to improve the area. The only other chains up in that general area are a few miles west an IHOP and a Chili's. There are also a number of independent restaurants, primarily Asian ones, also some Mexican ones, that have been around a while due to lack of options, but aren't very good.

I never understood why they went into NorCal or Oregon. Redding and perhaps Yuba City may have worked for them, they should have tried that. Also maybe Fresno, Bakersfield, Stockton, and Modesto. Some of those SoCal markets they are in out in the more remote spots may make sense.