East Coast Products in Far Flung Stores

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

East Coast Products in Far Flung Stores

Post by SamSpade »

It seems like a trend in this area that the more costly stores are also carrying more products from the northeastern seaboard (based in New York City, Boston mostly). I know we've had a number of transplants move over from that area, so I'm not sure if it is demand or an attempt to retain shopper loyalty. I suppose it could also be from the further integration of SuperValu into UNFI over the years.

Stores I've seen this in around here:
Market of Choice
Whole Foods (of course they are kind of their own thing)
Basics Market
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: East Coast Products in Far Flung Stores

Post by babs »

SamSpade wrote: November 15th, 2023, 3:05 pm It seems like a trend in this area that the more costly stores are also carrying more products from the northeastern seaboard (based in New York City, Boston mostly). I know we've had a number of transplants move over from that area, so I'm not sure if it is demand or an attempt to retain shopper loyalty. I suppose it could also be from the further integration of SuperValu into UNFI over the years.

Stores I've seen this in around here:
Market of Choice
Whole Foods (of course they are kind of their own thing)
Basics Market
These are all speciality stores. They are always on the hunt for something no one else in the area has. That often leads to some interesting stuff.