Subway Footlong Chocolate Chip Cookie

Alpha8472

Subway Footlong Chocolate Chip Cookie

Post by Alpha8472 »

Subway will roll out a footlong chocolate chip cookie later this month for about $5.

This will be a permanent menu item. I don't know who would want to buy a $5 cookie. Perhaps it will be a novelty item. Subway is doing some bizarre things these days.

I would not even buy a Subway sandwich if it were $5.

https://www.brandeating.com/2023/12/sub ... ookie.html
storewanderer

Re: Subway Footlong Chocolate Chip Cookie

Post by storewanderer »

I don't think I've bought anything from Subway since before COVID but the cookies were about the only good thing on the menu.

But this just doesn't look right. It looks too thick, which means it will be too sweet. In order to fully cook such a thick cookie you will have to cook it quite long which may cause it to get overcooked/burnt.

The other issue is these things like cookies are best fresh. I don't think anyone is going to be consuming a footlong cookie at one time. Maybe consume it in parts over a few days. By that point quality is impacted and it is no longer good.

Many Subways already have cookie waste at the end of the night, why add a product like this that will cause more waste? It says it will be served hot out of the oven but I assume that just means heating up the already cooked cookie as it would take too long to cook it from raw.