Wendy's Penny Pops 1 Cent Coca Cola Freestyle

Alpha8472

Wendy's Penny Pops 1 Cent Coca Cola Freestyle

Post by Alpha8472 »

Wendy's is doing a 1 cent small soda promotion on their app.

Jack In The Box did a $1 drink on their app a short time ago and Burger King is doing a $1 drink on their app today.

Wendy's seems to be trying to promote their Coca Cola Freestyle machines. I went to a Wendy's a few days ago and one of the 2 Coca-Cola Freestyle machines in the dining turned off. It is apparently a long term thing to save money.

The sodas taste off. Somehow those powder cartridges that produce the soda flavors have an awful taste. It is bitter.

Sodas from a real soda fountain at McDonald's taste normal. A one cent soda is probably the only reason I would get soda from Wendy's.

https://www.brandeating.com/2023/12/wen ... -deal.html
storewanderer

Re: Wendy's Penny Pops 1 Cent Coca Cola Freestyle

Post by storewanderer »

This excludes iced tea which is annoyingly still behind the counter at most of the units in my area.

The freestyle machine does dispense lemon lime seltzer, it is decent.
Super S

Post by Super S »

Yawn....

What Wendy's and others need to do is focus on their regular menu prices and stop focusing on apps etc. When a Dave's Single combo is above $10 now, and other combos have similar prices, people are going to visit less. Not everybody likes screwing around with apps, coupons, etc. and this is a huge reason why many of these chains are losing business.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

Meh, I'd rather use one of the other in-app coupons for an actual food item (I think there is one now for $1 Daves Single with any purchase).

My 'Wendys hack' lately has been ordering the 4 for $4, which is still available in my area through the app, upgrading the jr. fries to medium which only adds like 35 cents, then using one of the reward coupons for another free or cheap food item. I did this the last two Wednesdays to get the free 6 piece nuggets as well. That is a ton of food, maybe even too much, for under $5. I do like the Dave's cherry cream soda though!
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

mbz321 wrote: December 15th, 2023, 7:48 pm Meh, I'd rather use one of the other in-app coupons for an actual food item (I think there is one now for $1 Daves Single with any purchase).

My 'Wendys hack' lately has been ordering the 4 for $4, which is still available in my area through the app, upgrading the jr. fries to medium which only adds like 35 cents, then using one of the reward coupons for another free or cheap food item. I did this the last two Wednesdays to get the free 6 piece nuggets as well. That is a ton of food, maybe even too much, for under $5. I do like the Dave's cherry cream soda though!
4 for 4 by default comes with junior/value size fry/drink (and the app says this clearly). Do your units give you a medium fries when you do the upsize you describe, or do they give you small?

Some of the Reno units and all of the Sparks units (same franchisee) claim when you order the 4 for 4 and upsize it that everything "sizes down." So you order a 4 for 4 then say medium fry/medium drink they give you small fry/small drink (even though the app and receipt clearly say MEDIUM for both). I have actually had my order bagged before and when a manager sees me with the drink (that I already filled- and that an employee who did not know the "size down" policy gave me a medium cup for since the receipt says medium) digs into the bag another employee completed and was about to give to me, pull the fries out, goes and dumps them back into the holding bin, gets me the small size, then as I am leaving I can hear the manager telling off the employee who fulfilled my order about the "size down on the 4 for 4s." This has happened at multiple locations multiple times over the years and I have been told by their corporate that this "size down" thing is the policy.

Yet anywhere else I go to Wendys this practice does not exist. You order medium, your receipt says medium, you get medium.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

storewanderer wrote: December 15th, 2023, 8:31 pm

4 for 4 by default comes with junior/value size fry/drink (and the app says this clearly). Do your units give you a medium fries when you do the upsize you describe, or do they give you small?
I'm fairly certain I receive a medium...it definitely seems like a medium size anyway. I'll have to pay closer attention next time! There is no option to even select a small on the $4 or $5 combos. Sometimes they goof and give me a larger sized drink cup as well (I hardly ever finish a full soda so not any big deal).