Krispy Kreme Free Coffee With Purchase Until Jan. 7

Alpha8472

Krispy Kreme Free Coffee With Purchase Until Jan. 7

Post by Alpha8472 »

Espresso drinks and regular coffee (hot or iced) are free with a purchase. You don't need to order on the app or online.

https://www.brandeating.com/2024/01/fre ... -2024.html
storewanderer

Re: Krispy Kreme Free Coffee With Purchase Until Jan. 7

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: January 6th, 2024, 6:10 am Espresso drinks and regular coffee (hot or iced) are free with a purchase. You don't need to order on the app or online.

https://www.brandeating.com/2024/01/fre ... -2024.html
They pushed email out about this promotion also.

Their coffee has been terrible every time I've tried it in Sparks. It was better 15 years ago before the initial Reno unit closed, not sure what changed. Also cost less than 1/2 as much back then.

But if it is free why not try it again? So, once again the Sparks unit does not claim to know this promotion exists. Yesterday right after dark they had no exterior signs lit up, the drive through menu board not lit up, the windows from inside the location are muggy, and only a couple employees. No customers. One of the employees was sitting on the counter at drive through half asleep (this is the counter they put your box of donuts on as they fill it). Not in a uniform. They must be moving a fascinating amount of donuts through the local Wal Mart, Smiths, and Save Mart units because they have run their store so poorly that it has little walk in business.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I have noticed that all of the local Walmart stores in the San Francisco Bay Area seem to sell tons of Krispy Kreme boxes these days. They are expensive by the box, but somehow lots of customers buy them.

I tried them and they were decently fresh enough. Someone must deliver them in the mornings.

It is too bad their stores are going down in quality. The one in Concord, California seems to be busy and still decently run.

Krispy Kreme needs to check up on their stores more often and maybe do a secret shopper program. The corporate office should make sure that these restaurants are informing employees about all current promotions. The restaurants need all the customers they can get.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: January 6th, 2024, 8:01 pm They must be moving a fascinating amount of donuts through the local Wal Mart, Smiths, and Save Mart units because they have run their store so poorly that it has little walk-in business.
Makes sense - even though they have become quite known for their crazy lines and such when they open up new locations, they did, after all, begin as a business to wholesale their merchandise and only added a walk-in option when people started coming to their then factories wanting to buy directly.

So, the majority of the storefronts are mainly designed to make donuts to sell elsewhere, with those walking in being an "extra" benefit.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

I've only been to one of the local locations once recently, but I frequently see the "hot light" on in the evening when I pass by, so I imagine they are doing a fair bit of wholesale business. Then again the ones here are very close to corporate HQ in Winston-Salem so I'm guessing they are being watched more closely. It's not like they have much competition here though; local donut shops are rare and the Dunkin locations I've been to here are far worse than any KK location I've been to.